Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Subbing list

• 06-01-2012 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

How do you get onto a subbing list? I was subbing in a school and they said I should put my name on the county subbing list but I don't how I should go about it? Should I contact the Department of Education or the Teaching Council? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Are you qualified?If so, you can get put on the educationposts.ie text list or contact your local INTO secretary to tell them you are avaialbe.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gerryff

I am qualified. Thanks for your reply

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Might be an idea to call to some of the bigger schools locally and let them know you are available, principals often ring each other looking for a sub at short notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

do you know where your local education centre is? many of these have a subbing list and sometimes schools use that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭J.R.

gerryff wrote: »
    How do you get onto a subbing list? I was subbing in a school and they said I should put my name on the county subbing list but I don't how I should go about it? Should I contact the Department of Education or the Teaching Council? Thanks

Register here if you're a Primary Teacher

http://subsearch.into.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 gerryff

do you know where your local education centre is? many of these have a subbing list and sometimes schools use that.
    I don't know. I am from Kerry so I think it is in Tralee. Thanks to everyone else too

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lobby

Hi Gerry!
    I am also a qualified teacher subbing at the moment. I joined the subbing list in my own county in Sept- by going to the FAS office! It cost €70 to get your name on it and its printed once a year, at the start of the year (as far as I know).

You'll have to wait till next Sept I'd say, but I could be wrong!
    Don't fret anyway I've been on it since Sept 2011 and have only gotten one school from it!!

Never heard of Fás having a list, bar the Job Bridge one. No principal I know rings Fás, they either check the INTO or IPPN(educationposts.ie) lists -all of which cost you nothing to join.

The list is organised by the local Education Centre- however my particular local Ed. centre had an agreement with the FÁS office that they would coordinate the list.

The list of names is printed and sent to every school in your particular county- be it Kerry, Limerick etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

Never heard of it either. I know we've been stuck for subs in the past so I doubt it's being sent to all schools.

• Advertisement

Certainly not sent to our and I dislike the idea of charging someone to put a name on a list.

I know of a number of schools in Kerry, especially country schools, that have recieved the list and I have obtained 4 subbing days from a school that got my details from the subbing list!

When I signed up I thought it was very expensive but it paid off, for the money and experience I gained it was def worth the initial €70 :)

A few friends of mine have also been called by schools in Kerry, maybe this county subbing list is not available in all counties, I know it definitely exists in Kerry and Limerick :)

Lobby, is that jobbridge work or fully and correctly paid work?

It's regular subbing. It's just a list of people available for subbing in the county. I got another call from a school that found me on the subbing list this morning, got today and 3 days at end of month, happy days:)

good to hear it!About to pm you.

Advertisement