Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got called a racist by a moderator (his name is Biko)

Options
  • 06-01-2012 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

I made a thread on after hours. The same moderator (Biko) locked it at the end, (despite their being a frank discussion on-going, but i'm not here for that).

But in his closing message he called me a racist, i'm not taking that insult. I refuse to be called a racist and i'll be damned if someone does, as if the case here. (he also insinuaited I was a "Fashionable anti-PC".)

(Here is the post BTW, http://imageshack.us/f/815/bikob.jpg/)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hi, I wasn't sure if I could respond in person but apparently it's ok.
    I am the banning mod. The OP was reported as racist and I agreed and gave a 3 day for for racist remarks. These are the remarks I deemed racist:
    What can we do to solve the Romani gypsy problem?

...It is obvious they are just a virus on the map. None of them work, and now because of their reputation none of them would get a job anyways. (the small 0.01% that would like to work legitimately here)
    Hope this clarifies it. I would agree that Roma crime gangs are indeed a problem but to call them virus and say they won't work legally if given a chance is painting all roma with one brush which would be racist in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭HovaBaby

I used virus as an anology, figuratively. I didn't use "virus" in the sense that "they should all be sent to Auschwitz and wiped out." Plus whilst I agree that the second underlining is an exagerration, how is it inherently "racist". That is a matter of employment. But I got my opinion from the fact all the Roma I see are involved in begging, selling the big issue or playing music. I don't recollect seeing many Roma working behind counter.

I have been to others European cities (Madrid, Liverpool, Amsterdam, Barcelona, London) and in all these cities I have seen Roma engaging in these activites.

Plus you told me to take a "Racist Break". That is calling me a racist, because IYO I posted racist views. I find this offensive, and calling me a racist is unacceptable. I do not engage in racist activites. Talk to my neighbours, I tolerate Irish Travellers but I never put them down or call them names. Nor do I have any problem with African people coming over here working.

Can this be moved to drp and decided by a CMod?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056508439

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

biko wrote: »
    Can this be moved to drp and decided by a CMod?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056508439

The ban isn't being contested and it's since lifted, and the DRP only covers present bans and infractions being disputed.

Ok in the interest of resolving this I've removed the word "racist" from "take a racist break" and I urge op to choose their wording more carefully in the future. Thx

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement