Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Transfering Named Driver

Options
  • 06-01-2012 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hello i am 21 and i am currently insured on my dads car, which is a 04 ford mondeo .
    I recently bought a 1.4 honda civic 2003
    My question is can i transfer the insurance on to this car and put the car under is name/broker. The car will be under my name but under his policy can i do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Gunni09 wrote: »
    Hello i am 21 and i am currently insured on my dads car, which is a 04 ford mondeo .
    I recently bought a 1.4 honda civic 2003
    My question is can i transfer the insurance on to this car and put the car under is name/broker. The car will be under my name but under his policy can i do this?

No the car needs to be in the insured drivers name. You are only a named driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Nope, both unwise (you'd get no NCD) and illegal. I hope you got quotes before you bought the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Gunni09

Thanks for the reply, i am not asking to do it illegally its just that my dads insurance is a broker which is independent and not aviva ect, which is cheaper i want to get the car in my own name but under his policy if you get me.Just wondering if that was possible.

Advertisement