Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I stay with O2 or go to e-mobile?

Options
  • 06-01-2012 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I'm currently with O2 and my contract is out. I've had a call from eircom today as I've a business landline with them. They've offered me a package along with my landline and I'm wondering should I go for it. I've heard different stories regarding e-mobile, as in customer sevice, coverage etc. Any advice is helpful. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Can you try it out for a while (sim only contract or what ever is similar for business customers) before making a longterm commitment?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭hiDEhi

I could try that. I need to know how the coverage is mainly as I travel a lot with work.

Well in that case just get yourself a free pre pay sim from them or meteor (same infrastructure) and test the signal where you live work and play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Don't do it! I did it recently and really regret it. It took me a week to get my number ported, calling every day with a new excuse each after a 15 minute wait. I've saved quite a bit of money on eMobile but I would gladly spend the extra on O2 for those few instances that I do have to call customer care.

The service is fine and it does work but I could not possibly recommend a company with such poor service. See http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056440089 same company, same customer service.

I think I'll stay where I am so. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

paulm17781 wrote: »
    Don't do it! I did it recently and really regret it. It took me a week to get my number ported, calling every day with a new excuse each after a 15 minute wait. I've saved quite a bit of money on eMobile but I would gladly spend the extra on O2 for those few instances that I do have to call customer care.

The service is fine and it does work but I could not possibly recommend a company with such poor service. See http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056440089 same company, same customer service.

The porting problems of late can be laid squarely at O2's door. They are the common denominator in most porting complaints. IMO, E-mobile & Meteor's tarriff are way ahead of O2 or Voda. If signal is Ok, there should be no great problems.

The porting problems of late can be laid squarely at O2's door. They are tha common denominator in most porting complaints. IMO, E-mobile & Meteor's tarriff are way ahead of O2 or Voda. If signal is Ok, there should be no great problems.

That's the thing I'm worried about. I need the phone daily for work and can't afford downtime. Even if it's connected straight away to e mobile, am I connected to a reliable network?

Is there any business users here? If so can anyone recommend e mobile or not!

Thanks, HiDEhi

Experiences with networks can differ wildly depending on the user and their location so maybe try it out yourself for a short period. Certainly I think O2 have the worst price plans out there at present by far but while their customer service is usually good price is a huge factor for me anyway in these recessionary times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You can also go to TESCO Mobile which runs on the O2 network....ie the divil ya know. :)

10,000 minutes and 10,000 texts a month + 15Gb data allowance for €75 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    You can also go to Virgin Mobile which runs on the O2 network....ie the divil ya know. :)

10,000 minutes and 10,000 texts a month + 15Gb data allowance for €75 a month.

Where are you getting this stuff about Virgin?

• Advertisement

Virgin mobile operate in Ireland?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Meant Tesco Mobile. Sorry guys.

The 10,000 minute plan is shown here and sorry..it is €70 a month inc VAT not €75

http://shop.tescomobile.ie/SIM-only-plans.aspx

I was getting excited there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

hiDEhi wrote: »
    I'm currently with O2 and my contract is out. I've had a call from eircom today as I've a business landline with them. They've offered me a package along with my landline and I'm wondering should I go for it. I've heard different stories regarding e-mobile, as in customer sevice, coverage etc. Any advice is helpful. Thanks

Can you give me information on your usage?

Have you looked at all the packages on offer with the different networks?

Have you considered prepay options?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

The porting problems of late can be laid squarely at O2's door. They are the common denominator in most porting complaints. IMO, E-mobile & Meteor's tarriff are way ahead of O2 or Voda. If signal is Ok, there should be no great problems.

I don't know anyone else who had these problems porting from O2 to other networks. Further, when I told eMobile I was going to cancel the contract, they mysteriously were able to port me in 45 minutes. Amazing coincidence. Counting down the months until I can go back to a O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭CraigSmith_IO

paulm17781 wrote: »
    I don't know anyone else who had these problems porting from O2 to other networks. Further, when I told eMobile I was going to cancel the contract, they mysteriously were able to port me in 45 minutes. Amazing coincidence. Counting down the months until I can go back to a O2.

I used to work with VF and am now with Met/Emob. O2 have a habit of stopping ports going through. Especially when you take more than one mobile from an account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

I used to work with VF and am now with Met/Emob. O2 have a habit of stopping ports going through. Especially when you take more than one mobile from an account.
    That would be a case of the port not being submitted correctly as a multiline port and not us "stopping the port"

Advertisement