Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad experience at UCI Blanchardstown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

BostonB wrote: »
    Happy as a pig in...;)

Precisely :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Seems like they're changing their name to Odeon soon...

Planning permission in the Northside People to change the external signs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Hopefully they'll improve the staffing levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Meat

Unfortunatley we would have a few regular patrons who would go 6 months without paying for a ticket due to complaining about little or nothing and being handed complimentary passes. The Job was tough at the best of times and due to poor funding in the company there was more complaints than you could count when it was busy. We did the best we could while we were on shift.

Would love to know the demographics of the serial complainers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 D for Dubious

I gave up on Blanch UCI after problems with image and sound during two successive trips, I was left with the opinion that their equipment is clapped out. There isn't much point in forking over money for a sub quality viewing experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

I gave up on Blanch UCI after problems with image and sound during two successive trips, I was left with the opinion that their equipment is clapped out. There isn't much point in forking over money for a sub quality viewing experience.

They recently stopped using films reels as far as I know, One of the projectionists said he used it for the last time, As far as I know they are fully digital now should be no more issues with picture or sound.

Meat wrote: »
    Would love to know the demographics of the serial complainers.

Usually Couples over 30 would complain, You always get the people lookin for their next free tickets, You could see them coming a mile away.

Some of the time their problems were legit and we always handled them quickly and as friendly as possible but the bad eggs always spoil the lot.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Usually Couples over 30 would complain, You always get the people lookin for their next free tickets, You could see them coming a mile away.

Some of the time their problems were legit and we always handled them quickly and as friendly as possible but the bad eggs always spoil the lot.
    :)

hmmm..over 30,free tickets !???
    What do i have to complain about to get them !?? ;)

Haha just pick a topic and dont take no for an answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well i was just there tuesday night and decided to pay attention to the issues raised in this thread. did not find any. ill be there again friday and will check again when its more packed.....

• Advertisement

again no issues on my friday visit....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Tickets in Santry Omniplex are less then €7 before 7pm.

I think this is a fairly good deal and worth the extra drive. The cinema is always quiet too with no messers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

I think this is a fairly good deal and worth the extra drive. The cinema is always quiet too with no messers.

Yeah Santry is grand never a sinner there he he! :D

And how mush is transport to there and back?

:D

yes chuck im with you on this and with petrol about to hit 2 yoyos, Ill walk any where I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

2 euro something on the 17a so it's the same price when you add it all up.

January wrote: »
    2 euro something on the 17a so it's the same price when you add it all up.

Get a bus to a cinema 10 miles away when I can walk to Blanchardstown UCI to pay the same overall? Ah would you come off it.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Went to see Man On A Ledge on Friday evening. Ads roll, trailers roll, certification screen shows up, then *poof.* Projector breaks down. So were told.

Was offered a different film or a refund and and complimentary passes or a refund on food. Took the different film (Chronicle. Average) and the passes. Whole process went quick enough. Some people got so irate about the whole thing. Get in line like everyone else, like. The manager didn't break the projector just to annoy you. Some eejits...

Went to see Man On A Ledge in the Omniplex on Saturday. Oh, how I wish their projector broke. Rubbish film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

JoePie wrote: »
    Went to see Man On A Ledge on Friday evening. Ads roll, trailers roll, certification screen shows up, then *poof.* Projector breaks down. So were told.

Was offered a different film or a refund and and complimentary passes or a refund on food. Took the different film (Chronicle. Average) and the passes. Whole process went quick enough. Some people got so irate about the whole thing. Get in line like everyone else, like. The manager didn't break the projector just to annoy you. Some eejits...

Went to see Man On A Ledge in the Omniplex on Saturday. Oh, how I wish their projector broke. Rubbish film.

Haha I thought the oppoisite. MoaL - brillaiant...Chronicle - Rubbish! xD

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Saw a movie in UCI Blanchardstown a few months ago. Terrible, terrible picture. Looked like I was watching vhs quality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Its gotten scruffy in there of late, I notice the carpet in some areas has a sticky , tacky feel to it underfoot. Prolly from all the soft drinks etc spilt there. Yuuuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

zef wrote: »
    Its gotten scruffy in there of late, I notice the carpet in some areas has a sticky , tacky feel to it underfoot. Prolly from all the soft drinks etc spilt there. Yuuuk.

Its a dingy tatty grubby hole. I know people working there have come on to defend the management of it before but the state of it is indefensable

If Im going to treat myself to a cinema trip costing €30 for two adults including 2 waters and a popcorn, I might as well spend the €1.50 worth of diesel to go somewhere pleasant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Was there last night in the newly refurbished screen 1, it was grand but that may well be due to the fact it's still clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Yeah I was in Screen 1 a couple of weeks ago and it was grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Has the change to Odeon made any difference? Do you still have to get your tickets at the popcorn counter?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Yep, same way of buying tickets. The large popcorn combo is the same price as the medium now I think. The large is laughably small though.

They have €5 tickets all day this Wednesday.

I do think things are better now with ODEN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

All digital screnes there now. Also an isense screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Seems cleaner now too.

The kids club is good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Has the change to Odeon made any difference? Do you still have to get your tickets at the popcorn counter?

You can get tickets from the two tills which serve the sweet section with out having to que at the main food tills, they have a box office sign on them.

Advertisement