Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad experience at UCI Blanchardstown

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I've never had a problem with the Blanch cinema but then I wouldn't go there all that often.

It must be about 16 years since it opened as it was about the same time as the Blanchardstown Centre so it is due for a major revamp.

My biggest problem with any cinema isn't the decor, staff or food (which is and always has been a complete rip off) but the absolute dogsh*ite films that Hollywood spews out these days lacking in ideas, plot and originality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I've lived in Blanch for 23 years now and have been a frequent UCI cinema goer. Honestly, there's been a marked improvement in cleanliness and quality since the Odeon rebranding. Better screens and digital projectors.

Yeah, good to see the separate ticket box office now at the sweet section.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Sharrow wrote: »
    You can get tickets from the two tills which serve the sweet section with out having to que at the main food tills, they have a box office sign on them.

Yeah, that's handy. What's even handier though, is booking online and getting the tickets 15% cheaper, then going to this box office to pick them up. Then struttin' by all those chumps at the concession tills with a big smug head on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

JoePie wrote: »

Yeah, that's handy. What's even handier though, is booking online and getting the tickets 15% cheaper, then going to this box office to pick them up. Then struttin' by all those chumps at the concession tills with a big smug head on me.

Is it really cheaper to buy online? Don't they hit you with a credit card fee on top of the ticket price?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Don't recall seeing any credit card charges. Maybe I just didn't look at it properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Luttrell1975

I can live with shabby, shabby is cool even sometimes.

The dirt of the place, honest to god the staff there don't even clean themselves by the looks of it.

Spillages are "left to dry" is what I was told when I complained that my shoes were sticking to the floor surface. Says it all really.

Advertisement