Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to go if your previous job wont pay you your last weeks wages?

• 06-01-2012 3:57pm

Where do i complain to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

However, you're not quite giving all the information, are you?

You are trying to make yourself into the innocent party, here. You "quit" your job by just not going in anymore, without telling your boss.

You'll be lucky if he/she doesn't come after you for damages. I'd let this one go.

No, i 'quit' nothing. I only had 2 more days of work left for the company but i could not do them because i was sick, which i informed them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Chessala

From what you said in your previous threads you had called them and would be paid this week. I assume you didn't call or they just didn't pay?

You did say before that you just quit without saying anything, why the sudden change of information? You made a mistake and now you have to deal with it.

If you were promised the pay for this week get yourself together and go to them in person instead of changing the information you give in every new thread. As it is, it seems you are leaving out things on purpose to get sympathetic answers....

phrasing things wrote- jaysus don't eat me over it. Also it is v. creepy how people know my threads off by heart!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Chessala

It's the third thread about the same topic within 2 weeks....people remember.

No one is biting your head off over phrasing things wrong but each of your threads seems to withhold different information...it just seems to be suspicious, even if it wasn't intended.

Well it was not intended obviously. I just don't want people to put 2 + 2 together and realise its me, so i change information around a tiny bit. I am a very paranoid person!

Anyway does anyone know what i should do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Corklassy wrote: »
    Well it was not intended obviously. I just don't want people to put 2 + 2 together and realise its me, so i change information around a tiny bit. I am a very paranoid person!

Talk to your ex employer. anything else is premature (pun)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

There's not really any point in asking for advice here if you're going to deliberately change relevant information in all your threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭claire983

I'v read your past threads and each one is slightly different. The only thing you can do is contact your last employer and take it from there. If they still refuse to give you your last wage then take it further.
    Weather you rang in or not is not the issue, you did work and was not paid for it, you are entitled to be paid for work hours clocked. Your employer knows this, and im guessing they are just waiting for you to contact them. They have no legal right to with hold your wage.

• Advertisement

Thanks claire for your kind answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,089 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

OP, having spent a fair bit of time looking through all your previous posts - to work out if you were for real or not- I'm not overly happy to see yet another thread on this topic. And that's an understatement.

I'm closing this thread. Please don't raise another on this topic. Use one of the existing two, if you want more advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement