Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EMC Careers Open Day - Imperial Hotel, Cork City,Saturday 7th January...

Options
  • 06-01-2012 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭

EMC Careers Open Day - Imperial Hotel, Cork City,Saturday 7th January 12:00noon - 6:00pm

http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1145628

Regarding the 3 IT positions on the above page - do you need a 3rd level qualification for the 'Technical Support Engineers' roles? If so can someone give an example?

IT
    * Technical Support Engineers
    * Java Developers
    * Program Managers

Can people offer their views on EMC? Are they good/bad?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Orobhsa

Worztron wrote: »

Regarding the 3 IT positions on the above page - do you need a 3rd level qualification for the 'Technical Support Engineers' roles? If so can someone give an example?

Can people offer their views on EMC? Are they good/bad?

The vast majority of engineer roles require a degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

*disclaimer I work in EMC as senior TSE*
    I have interviewed a number of people of the years and its not necessarily the fact that they have a degree would be important to me. However the would need to be able to demonstrate their relevant experience clearly to me and on their CV
    (For example I was recently interviewing a guy who had no degree but had 20 years experience including unix and VMS - that to me indicates a guy who *should* know his stuff technically (without getting into the details of the experience)

Once again I might be biased but yeah its a decent enough job, good as both a stepping stone or a long term career (there are some TSE's who are in EMC for 10 yrs+)
    Hope that helps
    Toppy

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Just reread the ad , its for support to external people , not supporting emc's internal network. /sadface

I contracted there some time back as internal desk side support. One of the best jobs I ever contracted. Great place to work , and as I recall the place was dripping with pretty girls (always helps).

Seriously though , a cool place to work.If they were offering full-time permanent positions for desk side support (level 2 or 3) , I'd be on hands and knees begging for a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

I heard it was jam packed today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

cork_south wrote: »
    I heard it was jam packed today.
    I walked past at around 2pm and there was a queue out the door and down that side street towards the post office

Advertisement