Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth to ballsbridge

Options
  • 06-01-2012 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

going to be working in ballsbridge and thinking of moving to maynooth whats the best public transport to get from maynooth into ballsbridge

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Train to Connolly and Dart onwards to Lansdowne Road. Where in Ballsbridge will you be working?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 katemccb

Thanks orion think near AIB headquaters am moving up to maynooth because I have friends there but don't know maynooth or dublin so am bit overwhelmed lol

Lansdowne Road is a bit far from Bankcentre. You could go one stop further and get off at Sandymount which I think is a little closer. But probably a better option would be to get off at Pearse and get the bus to Ballsbridge. The 7 (and some others) will drop you at the door.

[edit]Others are 5, 7A and 8

http://g.co/maps/fzhda - this shows you AIB just to the left of Serpentine Avenue. You can see the distance of both train stations to there.

Another option is to get a folding bike and bring it on the train with you. It's only about a 15-20 minute cycle to Ballsbridge from Pearse.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 katemccb

Thanks for all the Info gona try the bus option can you get that at pearse street station?

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure you can get it at merrion square around the corner. If not then Nassau street.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

katemccb wrote: »
    Thanks for all the Info gona try the bus option can you get that at pearse street station?

The 66X or 67X from Maynooth head for Belfield and you can get off just past the Canal near Waterloo road and walk 10 mins to Ballsbridge

Good call - never thought of the X bus. I'm a train user.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭dazzday

Hijacking this thread!

Doing the opposite to the OP, moving into Ballsbridge and working in Leixlip.

Anybody have any idea how long the commute is by driving and the best route to take?

Up to Morehampton Road. Down to the canal. Follow the canal as far as Davitt Road and cross over the Luas tracks down to Islandbridge. Turn left and follow N4 to Leixlip. You'll be against the traffic so you should fly out.

Google Map: http://g.co/maps/qvhbq

• Advertisement
Advertisement