Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online price cheaper than store

Options
  • 06-01-2012 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I went to pick up a printer today from pcsystems.ie in wilton Cork. I checked the price online before I went in. However, when I got there I was told the the price was more than what was on the website. I had no option but to pay the difference because I was exchanging a printer I had bought yesterday for one with a scanner on it. The salesman told me that the website had been updated yesterday to reflect the new price and he showed me the price on his screen. However, when i go to look at the HP laserjet on any of my computers (even ones that have never been to pcsystems.ie before) I see the "old price". I am a bit annoyed because I have quoted the customer for the printer and they paid me in advance. No recourse on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,289 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

None at all. Several places charge differently online than in shops (less overheads etc). Even if used as advertised, they're still under no obligation to sell it to you at that price

Sorry

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Prices can vary alot, mobile phone companys generally have phones cheaper online then in store,

Its the chance you take when you buy instone compared to on-line, overheads are higher etc

Advertisement