Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching in foreign Google pages

• 06-01-2012 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭

Folks,
    Someone once told me that if I enter, say, www.google.fr or www.google.de in my browser and search for results therein, I don't see the same results as a person actually located in France or Germany would.
    He then told me to add some letters or code at some point in the address I type in, in order to achieve this.
    Anybody know ? Unfortunately, I can't contact the guy to ask him to repeat ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Dont think so as your ip would still be part of the equation and will play a factor.

To not had it auto redirect to you home counry do /ncr (no country redirect)
    ie google.co.uk/ncr will lock you to .co.uk for your search

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Google Global from RedFlyMarketing who are Irish:

http://www.redflymarketing.com/blog/google-global-extension-for-chrome/

FF one isn't compatible with latest versions of FF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭RedFly

Thanks for the mention Tricky D

Should be compatible though, what version of FF are you using? I'll look into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I'm on FF 8.0.1 but will up to 9 in the next few days. The GG version listed in my add-ons is 2.8. I've just removed and reinstalled and still no joy in FF. Options gives a 'problem loading' window which is at such a small size that nothing displays in the content area of it.

hth

Advertisement