Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clan Wars Returns

Options
  • 06-01-2012 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

9th of January 9.00 gmt
    FOW to be implemented.
    No tank locking NA server.
    It is in on the russian server, so its a 50/50 whether EU will have it.
    96 hrs freeze out for T9 and 168 hr :( for T 10

just announced. no locking on EU
    i presume they are going to see how it pans out in russia, so it might appear in the future

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    9th of January 9.00 gmt
    FOW to be implemented.
    No tank locking NA server.
    It is in on the russian server, so its a 50/50 whether EU will have it.
    96 hrs freeze out for T9 and 168 hr :( for T 10

So why do the ****ing yanks not get tank lock out????? FFS.

This is once again more reason to believe they are more supporting the major Russian clans - as they will be amalgamating with EU server (and some clans already have clans here). Absolute joke.

All the more reason for us to get as many high tiers as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

I'm sure they wont implement tank locking , FOW will be interesting

[DF]Lenny wrote: »
    I'm sure they wont implement tank locking , FOW will be interesting

FOW really doesn't change much. Your team is already selected before the round, so you couldn't pick a team to combat the other team anyway.

If anything, I think it will help. We won't get cocky when we see another team weaker than ours, and just play like every team is 15 tier 10's.

If anything, it gives us more reason to ensure our tactics are sound, and aggressive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

US got the stop of tank freeze after Russian go live so I'd guess the chances are quite big that we're not getting it either. Having said that it's not a permanent stop I'd say but rather a temporary removal until they lower it and put everyone on one global server.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

If anything, it gives us more reason to ensure our tactics are sound, and aggressive.
    Problem is I'd argue it will swing in two ways; either ultra campy and defensive (you got no clue how many arties they got left so all your arty has to play counter arty most of the game as you don't know what they got left or split, i.e. 261s counter arty due to high ROF, Type Es and T92s support tanks) or it will be ultra aggressive all tanks down one flank and lets pray it wins it...

• Advertisement

The news post actually says:
    There will be no time blocking for tanks destroyed in battle.
    So I guess that settles that part :)

Nody wrote: »
    Problem is I'd argue it will swing in two ways; either ultra campy and defensive (you got no clue how many arties they got left so all your arty has to play counter arty most of the game as you don't know what they got left or split, i.e. 261s counter arty due to high ROF, Type Es and T92s support tanks) or it will be ultra aggressive all tanks down one flank and lets pray it wins it...

I meant more so as in aggressive when another tank is spotted. Do everything in our power to destroy any enemy tank as soon as its spotted.

Scout has now become a vital role IMO (and possibly justification for Tier 5 scouts).

I can't but help but look at the French tank and note their speed and think it was part of the plan with FoW (fast, high DPS, can relocate as needed).

Advertisement