Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance no claims question

• 06-01-2012 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭

I've changed insurance company and they want a certificate of no claims. I rang Aon for this, they gave it to me, but it only goes back 5 years. For anything before this, do I have to contact insurance companies I used over 5 years ago? Or should Aon have incuded this as I game them a certificate of no claims when I joined them.
    I know 5 years is the max with most companies, but some do more. On the quinn website you can put in 9.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

If you supplied Aon with a no claims cert that they accepted when you joined them and have accrued a total of more then five years of NCB in total, then yes they should list the total number of years on it. Most company's only accept five years though in terms of a discount given off the quote.

If they are being unreasonable you might have to contact the insurance ombudsman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

If you supplied Aon with a no claims cert that they accepted when you joined them and have accrued a total of more then five years of NCB in total, then yes they should list the total number of years on it. Most company's only accept five years though in terms of a discount given off the quote.

If they are being unreasonable you might have to contact the insurance ombudsman.
    Cheers, I was thinking that. It makes sense, especially if you change companies regularly.

Advertisement