Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New website / Sole trader questions

Options
  • 06-01-2012 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi,

Currently in employment but on a 3 day week past 5 months and looks like I'll be on it for another 4-5 months if not longer. I currently get a small amount off the social each week to make up the days.

I'm setting up a website selling niche personalised products, it's currently in development and could go live in the coming weeks. I also have a .ie domain.

My question is, if I register as a sole trader how will this affect my social welfare and income tax etc.? I really can't afford to loose any more money as I've a baby on the way. I don't plan on taking a wage out of it until it's turning over a decent amount which is doable.

Few points:
    1) I will be telling my current employer about it
    2) It will be done on my personal time
    3) It will not be in competition with my current job

Any help much appreciated,

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement