Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strikeforce : Rockhold vs Jardine

• 06-01-2012 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭

Anywhere we can view this in Ireland?

The last one was on somewhere on Sky but I can't remember where.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

They used to be shown on Bravo but that's long gone now.
    If I remember correctly somebody said the last one was shown on Eurosport the day after the event.
    Other than that I'd say a stream is your best bet.
    It's a real pity we don't get the events on tv over here. I thought we would've gotten them when Zuffa took over but no joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Ah, Eurosport.

That was the one! I'll check the listings when I get home.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Primetime were showing the Strikeforce Grand Prix but have nothing listed for Saturday and not on my Sky Guide for eurosport or eurosport 2 for saturday or sunday

Also i searched under 'S' on the Search A-Z (under all programmes) and Strikeforce isn't listed

Looks like a stream is the only way to watch in Ireland and UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Yeah I'm not sure if just the M1 Global - Strikeforce Events we're Eurosport. Not 100% sure would be great to see anyone even Sci Fi pick this up for it's final few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

• Advertisement

Anybody know of a stream for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 nu-g 2008

Stream anyone ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Anyone think it was strange that it was strange that Agamov folded like a deck of cards after Lawlor seemed to have MISSED with a flying knee?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Anyone think it was strange that it was strange that Agamov folded like a deck of cards after Lawlor seemed to have MISSED with a flying knee?

Definitely. Watched it with my girlfriend and she pointed it out. He hit him with his ass. really strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

xhwzT.gif

GxjOM.gif

dave1982 wrote: »
    Gif

Hmmmmmm............

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Looks like Robbie Lawlor might have landed his steel cup on the back of his head on the way down after missing the kick/knee

To me it looks like the knee landed on his hand which rocked his head back.
    In that gif, if you look at his hairline at his neck (just behind his ear) you can really notice his head being rocked sideways. You can also see his hand moving backwards as soon as the knee lands.
    I'd say it was his own hand slamming into his temple that did the damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Looked at King Mo / Larkin fight, King Mo was way too much for Larkin but Kim Winslow is without a doubt the worst ref in big time MMA.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

lol @ even Jardine getting near a title shot.

I almost felt sorry for the guy. He's just hopeless.
    Herb Dean obviously didn't though - lmao. He must have pissed off Herb bad at some stage.

unknown13 wrote: »
    Looked at King Mo / Larkin fight, King Mo was way too much for Larkin but Kim Winslow is without a doubt the worst ref in big time MMA.

That was such a joke. there's giving the man a chance and then there's standing there watching while the guy gets pounded and pounded. Mo said that not only was Larkin wincing in pain but he was also shouting obscenities like "Oh ****" every time he got hit!

He could've been hurt badly and I understand why Mo was so pissed off afterwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

MrStuffins wrote: »
    That was such a joke. there's giving the man a chance and then there's standing there watching while the guy gets pounded and pounded. Mo said that not only was Larkin wincing in pain but he was also shouting obscenities like "Oh ****" every time he got hit!

He could've been hurt badly and I understand why Mo was so pissed off afterwards

And yet Nevada still allow her to ref ahead of Big Jon. Big Jon can't get a license in Nevada because they claim; 'they have too many mma refs'.

Winslow is just diabolical. There is too many times where she has messed up and yet the media and key personnel don't bash her like they do with Mazzagatti.

unknown13 wrote: »
    And yet Nevada still allow her to ref ahead of Big Jon. Big Jon can't get a license in Nevada because they claim; 'they have too many mma refs'.

Winslow is just diabolical. There is too many times where she has messed up and yet the media and key personnel don't bash her like they do with Mazzagatti.

This will come soon i think! Winslow has been "lucky" in the fact that her massive mistakes haven't been in the UFC. When that happens, Dana will get on her case and people will start to listen (I know he slated her for her fck up in the womens fight a while back but......)

She needs to really improve!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Did anyone who saw it live see if King Mo still does his cool entrance with the crown and girls? I'd like to see him in the UFC soon enough, hopefully versus Jackson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

First time watching Strikeforce, and was a cracking show. Didn't have the 'big time' feel for the most part that the UFC PPV's do, but I'm sure that's just me being used to the UFC presentation.

Jardine looked very poor - wasn't in the fight at all. Rockhold looked very dangerous, I'd imagine he'll step up within the next 12 months to the UFC WW division.

Kim Winslow was a ****ing disgrace in the King Mo / Larkin fight - there were at least 4-5 shots that could have been avoided if she got herself in there and stopped it. The last thing MMA needs is a high-profile show having one of the fighters getting severely injured, or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Did anyone who saw it live see if King Mo still does his cool entrance with the crown and girls? I'd like to see him in the UFC soon enough, hopefully versus Jackson.

Fraid not he just had his crown and some bling, did his swagger thing but thats it.

I miss Japan :mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Jardine looked very poor

In other news:

201542-pearl-harbor.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Fraid not he just had his crown and some bling, did his swagger thing but thats it.

I miss Japan :mad:

:(

Well, we'll always have youtube

Advertisement