Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone4 crashed now stuck in recovery mode.

• 06-01-2012 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭

Talk about Murphys' law,today i sat down to finally to an untethered ios5 jailbreak on my Iphone 4,i am still running a tethered 4.2.1 jailbreak.

Anyway before starting to back up i went to send a text and my phone froze and crashed,i tried doing a tethered reboot using redsnow but after rebooting i am getting the recovery mode symbol of a USB plug and iTunes symbol :(

Is there i way i can successfully force my phone out of recovery mode?

Falling that if i connect to itunes and allow it restore my iphone what are the consequences ? i don;t think i have any previous back ups saved,what is the default save location of iphone back ups in itunes? i can't seem to locate any.

thanks

Shane.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Hi try tiny umbrella to out from recovery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Hi try tiny umbrella to out from recovery

Will do Dawid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Just to update for future searches by people with similar issues.

As i said i was running a tethered jailbreak,my phone crashed and was stuck in recovery mode loop,even though redsnow was recognising the device and attempting to boot the phone it would always go back to recovery mode loop.

Tried kicking the iPhone out of the recovery mode loop with tiny umbrella but wasn't successful.

Dawid then tried the same using iReb this seemed to work but alas wasn't successful and after redsnow attempting to boot it still went back to recovery mode.

At this stage i was resigned to just doing a restore in itunes and losing most of my photos and numbers (i had never done a back up - lesson learnt but i despise iTunes :D )

When trying to restore we got "error 3194" Dawid tried to fix this by altering the host file which was altered by tiny umbrella but this wasn't successful.

I decided to try un-installing iTunes and deleting the host file,restarting and re installing iTunes and this worked a treat.

I am now running an untethered ios5 jailbreak and happy out,thanks to Dawid for all his help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

ow do you delete the host file?

Advertisement