Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving Details to Assistns.in Phone Shops.

Options
  • 06-01-2012 5:46pm
    Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying a new Mobile Phone and because of the recent revelations on phone use being recorded and goin' to who knows where data base . I'm thinking of giving no real details about myself at all .I'm saying this because i know that one mobile phone company in dublin employs a Shinner and i don't wan't such people having any access to anything about me . They will get no details whatsoever from me .Should i have a problem there ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Shouldn't be an issue if you give fake details for a prepay phone. No way would you be allowed to do that for bill pay though.

That said, anyone friend or foe could quite handily find out any personal details about you if they cared enough. The simple fact of the matter is that people don't really care about your personal details. They're just filling in a form to get over some formalities. Once you leave the shop they'll forget all about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

Im sure the "shinners" will be all over your personal details like a bee to honey alright. Honestly:
    - No one cares for your personal details, your credit card, perhaps.
    - Using customer's details in such a way is a sackable offence.

You are at far greater risk of having your personal details borrowed/begged/stolen/sold from on-line transactions than face to face retail transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

If it's such a worry, how about picking somewhere outside Dublin to shop for a phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

carphone warehouse in liffey valley gives free tinfoil hats with every blackberry, try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

If it's such a worry, how about picking somewhere outside Dublin to shop for a phone?
    Or just buy a phone sim free off a British website... Guaranteed to be free of Sinn Féin phone inspectors.

• Advertisement

Or just buy a phone sim free off a British website... Guaranteed to be free of Sinn Féin phone inspectors.

Shhhh, you've just put the spooks onto him now!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

You don't have my neighbours ..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,223 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Or a meteor store, don't think any Shinner could put up with the color scheme.

Or a meteor store, don't think any Shinner could put up with the color scheme.

How about an O2 store, for a more right-wing colour scheme?

Advertisement