Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eco Shine Carrickmines - still open?

Options
  • 06-01-2012 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭

I've a voucher for Eco Shine that has to be used by next tuesday! Been trying to ring them the last couple of days and not getting any answer. They're based in the underground car park in the Park Centre - Has anyone seen them there recently? Will just pop in tomorrow anyway, but if they're gone bust it would save me a trip.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Not sure tbh but just noticed Groupon have a valet deal from them just gone up today. Was gonna buy it but will wait and see now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Just to update.

They are still open - I drove up on Saturday to see if they could fit me in, they couldn't. I said I'd been having trouble phoning them nor could I book online - they said to contact Groupon. Groupon were great and gave me a credit note straight away.

I might use the credit to get the new voucher but actually trying to get a booking with eco shine was a lot of hassle, maybe it was only because i was trying at the last minute (just before voucher ran out) but it should be easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 claralync

Wondering if anyone has the ph. number for Eco Shine in Carrickmines? I also have Groupon voucher but their website is suspended and cannot find number for them! Constantly on hold when I try to contact Citydeals about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rossd

claralync wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone has the ph. number for Eco Shine in Carrickmines? I also have Groupon voucher but their website is suspended and cannot find number for them! Constantly on hold when I try to contact Citydeals about it

Their number should be on your voucher - it was on mine. It's an 085 or 083 number - but I wouldn't get your hopes up on them answering it, I tried a load of times and they never did, I ended up driving up there in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Rossd

They say on their Website to go to the "Grouponbookings" website if you bought a voucher with Groupon. EcoShine's website seems to be back up and running - http://www.ecoshinesteamcarwash.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Modified-IRL

Does anyone know exactly where this valet place is?

It's an underground car park right?

It's the only underground car park in the shopping centre so easy to find. It's the TKMaxx/Harvey Norman side of the shopping centre -ie on the right hand side as you enter. Go down the ramp and there are signs directing you to it, it's near the exit from the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bookman

claralync wrote: »

They are crap. - I got a car done up there and it's a rush job -
    Not worth the money at all ! !
    The two lads who doit , dont really care at all ! ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭jim-mcdee

I went there today and the guy refused to do my car because I was late. 5 minutes! He said if you are 1 minute for a Ryan air flight they wont let you on. The same for this. What an a****. Refund applied for.
    This is the second time I got treated badly with a city deal. I think a lot of shysters like eco-shine see it as easy money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 keith2007

Hello, the guy there is a disgrace. I had a coupon and turned up 5 mins early. I parked in the wrong space and he lost the plot was obnoxious about it shouting at me to move the car. When i moved the car to were he wanted and i said I would rather bring my cars keys with me than leave them, he completely lost it and said he wouldnt honour my coupon and to get a refund from groupon. It was surreal experience....

I was with my two young daughters and as we walked away my 3 year old asked me why the man was so grumpy!

My distinct impression was that it wasnt worth his while doing the job for the €2O as per the voucher and he couldnt care less and was happy for me to get a refund.

Similar to other posters i had extreme difficulty getting an appointment in the first place and it was a 2 month wait on the system.

I would not recoomend buying a voucher, more hassle than it is worth.

Groupon were excellent and processed refund no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lolli84

I know it's an old thread but just had to put it out there that Eco shine are still at the same thing. Was two minutes late and guy told me that he needed time to prep the car and I was too late. I asked what the prep was and he told me he needed to take the mats out which takes bout 2 seconds seeing as they're not nailed down or anything. Basically two guys working and two cars there so he was just looking for excuse not to do mine. Avoid at all costs!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭jim-mcdee

yea, they just dont care. i had another bad experience with another valeting company D15 valeting last week. I have now unsubscribed from groupon. :cool:

Advertisement