Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea Fishing North Louth Winter 2011/12

Options
  • 06-01-2012 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

Has anyone been out fishing Greenore or around Ballaghan Point this winter with any success? The weather has been so bad that I have not been out but I am itching to do so!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fisher man gerry

hi there i was out in april at greenore and caught 2 sea trout at the light house stretch 1lbs each caught on spinners . but i didnt get down any more after this im only new to sea fishing . but know a lot about game fishing . .but ive decided to fish greenore and surrounding arear. could you tell me what the fishing is like hear for bass and what other fish spieces are there there . i usally spinn fish or fly . would be greatfull for some info many thanks fisher man gerry :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

Its great for Mackerel when the Shoals are in from June onward. I know a guy who caught a Salmon and a few large Sea Trout from where you fished near the light house in 2011.
    I believe Ballaghan Point has Bass fishing but you need to stick with poppers to avoid the weed I believe!

Check out this link some really good advice for the East Coast in it!

http://www.fisheriesireland.ie/Angling/angling-publications.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fisher man gerry

many thanks for your advice and the link on the eastern sea fishing . never know maybe we might bump in to eachother at greenore some day this year . once again many thanks from gerry . keep in touch and let me know of what you catch this year :pac::D

Advertisement