Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from currys

Options
  • 06-01-2012 6:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭

I have been banned for no reason.

I have an open thread querying a faulty product.

I have objections to the way companies like dsg operate.

At every opportunity i question their ability to understand consumer law as it stands.

I am a legal professional and will soon be representing clients free of charge for dsg's inability to rectify warranty issues to the letter of the law.

I also have issues with your unqualified mods who openly attack posters, and then contradict themselves on this site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I've asked Dav to answer your query - it'll probably be start of next week before he gets to this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

this is a very poor response
    3 weeks later and no reply, whats the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

I'll try to find out what has happened to your query.

Three weeks is longer than normal ... not sure yet why this is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

You have been banned for what might be described as a "crusade" against Currys/DSG.

Tha managing director of the company in Ireland has answered you directly and you continued to harass him and involve yourself in other people's issues and this is simply too much of a disruption to the forum.

You don't like them and the way they do business - that's fine. We get it. However you continued, despite the warnings of the mods, to disrupt the forum and attempt some sort of legal discussion on the laws surrounding sale of goods and warranties and at a very basic level, that's off topic for that forum.

I'd suggest you take up the discussion on our Legal Discussion forum where it would be welcome or maybe even the Consumer Issues forum where the readers there would greatly appreciate some clarity on these laws. It is unfortunate that a lot of people seem to think they know what the law is but there are only a small few legal professionals like yourself willing to take the time to explain it clearly and correct the mis-information that exists (and thank you for that by the way - it is appreciated)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

Dav wrote: »
    You have been banned for what might be described as a "crusade" against Currys/DSG.

Thats an interesting description
    Tha managing director of the company in Ireland has answered you directly and you continued to harass him and involve yourself in other people's issues and this is simply too much of a disruption to the forum.

The MD has posted his opinions. They have legal obligations to their customers that they do not fulfill.
    I'd suggest you take up the discussion on our Legal Discussion forum where it would be welcome or maybe even the Consumer Issues forum where the readers there would greatly appreciate some clarity on these laws. It is unfortunate that a lot of people seem to think they know what the law is but there are only a small few legal professionals like yourself willing to take the time to explain it clearly and correct the mis-information that exists (and thank you for that by the way - it is appreciated)

You have also chosen to ignore this.

"I also have issues with your unqualified mods who openly attack posters, and then contradict themselves on this site. "

If what you post here is true, then I need you to address this with your mod dudara and jor el.

Today, 12:43
    jor el

Quote:
    Originally Posted by the culture of deference
    i am not mis quoting the law, be very careful with your allegations.

you are c mod, you need to keep your feelings private and do your job professionally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Thread closed as user is site banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement