Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Container

Options
  • 06-01-2012 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone would know of a container for sale, preferably a 40 foot one in the area.

Had a look at done deal but nothing jumping out pricewise, said I'd ask in case anyone knew of someone that had one at home that they want to get rid of.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Your best may be ring/email waterford port and ask them. It definitely wont be brand new as its probably damaged somewhere along the line but you could get lucky. Alot of containers are rejected for loading due to rust/moisture and alot of the time they couldnt be bothered fixing them unless there really is a high demand for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

They are gone scarce and you are going to pay €1200 app for a decent 20 foot, crazy but thats what they are fetching

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Thanks

I rang the port and they said to ring European Containers and when I rang them they don't sell them either.

I have seen some on done deal but was hoping to find something nearer.

If anyone does hear of any for sale, let me know

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

fitzcoff wrote: »
    Thanks

I rang the port and they said to ring European Containers and when I rang them they don't sell them either.

I have seen some on done deal but was hoping to find something nearer.

If anyone does hear of any for sale, let me know

Thanks
    i think there may be still a container at the side of the road up near inch co wexford for sale, has been there the last 5 maybe more years though or ring calnan containers or www.rushfleet.com they sell am and deliver em also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Johnny Goff in Modeligo is your man ;)

• Advertisement

Big Lar wrote: »
    Johnny Goff in Modeligo is your man ;)

Could you pm his number, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Unfortunately fitzcoff I do not have his number in my phone anymore, a victim of a spring clean :o.

Thanks for your help guys/gals

I've passed on the info to my dad who is the person looking for one.

He was really hoping to find something cheaper that those 2 in adverts.

Guess he'll just have to do without :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭jocotty

hi,

i just bought a 40ft container fairly cheap - trouble is, im finding it hard to get someone to shift it for me!

would a new teleportor be able to just lift it up for me, so a trailer can back in under it?

if i had a right set of chains?

Jo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

do they ever fall off the back of a truck?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

jocotty wrote: »
    hi,

i just bought a 40ft container fairly cheap - trouble is, im finding it hard to get someone to shift it for me!

would a new teleportor be able to just lift it up for me, so a trailer can back in under it?

Jo

empty 20ft container is about 2.5 tonne as afar as i remember so a 40ft would be about 4 tonne which is outside the capabilites of a regular teleporter. an excavator 20tonne+ should be able to lift it though but might be stuck height wise to get it on a truck.
    do they ever fall off the back of a truck?

yes they do and it is illegal to move them without a proper trailer that can clamp them in position, allthought i have seen people move them with standard flatbed trucks and never heard of anyone being done for it, i guess once it is fixed securley to the truck with proper chains and ratchets the gaurds probably wouldnt bother with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

The answer reminded me of the film "Fast and Furious" where a large container was towed at some speed through the streets of Rio de Janero, I think they were using a four by four for the job. Not a lot of help I know, however, some of the transport firms like Nolan's or Roches or Perenial Freight in rosslare might well have spare capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Lucyn

jocotty wrote: »
    hi,

Jo

We sold our 20ft container just two weeks ago and that's exactly how it was moved. There was no problem at all. However, it was only a 20ft. To be honest, having seen it done, I don't think you'd manage the same with a 40ft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Junior

You tried Store-All ?

Advertisement