Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i message problems

• 06-01-2012 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

i can i message everyone apart from my wifes phone, it only comes up as text, when she texts me it comes up as not her number but her email address, i reset my iphone, this only started happening today and is getting annoying, any tips would be handy, thanks in advance
    ps she is on ios 5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'd imagine the fault is with her phone, rather than yours. Try resetting hers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

i will try that thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Had a similar problem, I cant remember exactly what I did but make sure her number is correct in the phone menu, also check the messages menu and under under receive at it should have her number. If all these are correct she may need a restore. Also worth trying turning off and back on iMessage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

i will try that thanks

No, it's not a fault. She has iMessage set up with her email address on her phone, she needs to go in to settings and change it to her number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

naasrd wrote: »
    No, it's not a fault. She has iMessage set up with her email address on her phone, she needs to go in to settings and change it to her number.

That's exactly what's going on. Had to change this for a friend recently, after experiencing the same problem

• Advertisement

Anyway, all you need to now is in culabula's excellent sticky at the top of the page.

things just got weird, i just got a text from herself and my number came up i opened it then it went to email address again, i havent done anything to the phone yet as she is still at work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Make sure she has your phone number stored under iPhone in contacts and not home/work

caller id is set as the phone number in the message setting, i reset the phone still coming up as the email, i have turned i cloud off on both phones in case that caused it
    help

caller id is set as the phone number in the message setting, i reset the phone still coming up as the email, i have turned i cloud off on both phones in case that caused it
    help

I screwed up mine doing that. That's what's up.

• Advertisement

hey not quite following

hey not quite following

Turning off iCloud messed it up, I did it yesterday. You can fix it, like I suggested earlier, there's a thread with all you need to know about iMessage.

my icloud is off and i can imessage all other iphones no problem its just the wifes phones imessage comes in as the email contact, no one elses does that, if i try and send a message to her number it only allows text, but i can reply to the email imessage

my icloud is off and i can imessage all other iphones no problem its just the wifes phones imessage comes in as the email contact, no one elses does that, if i try and send a message to her number it only allows text, but i can reply to the email imessage

She has her Caller ID set to the email address, that's all. Just go into her settings and change it to her number.

no, caller id in the setting is set at the contact number with a tick and the email is below
    i think i will be going to a phone shop soon or a sledge, its getting annoying

no, caller id in the setting is set at the contact number with a tick and the email is below
    i think i will be going to a phone shop soon or a sledge, its getting annoying

Just to check, is there credit in the account? There's 26 cent charge to activate it. If that's not the case, delete the email address, add another and see if it changes.

yes both phones are bill pay, and i did change the email address on the phone

Advertisement