Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Surf photography/Art thread

Options
  • 06-01-2012 7:17pm
    Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Its come to my attention that theres a few posters on here pretty handy with the old camera, pretty sure there's at least one artist too so I thought it might be good to have a thread devoted to surfing related pictures and art.

The thread's not just for peoples own works of art either so if you come across a good pic or painting on a blog, MSW or Surfline or wherever feel free to stick it up here! Just be sure there's a copyright stamp on it or post a link to the source and that if its from someones own blog or site.

I'll get the ball rolling with this tilt shift of Teahupoo I found on Reddit by a chap called Tim Mckenna(more here):

tim-mckenna-teahupoo-9.jpg

I don't really understand how a tilt-shift works but I've never seen that wave look so small yet so big :eek:

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This one photo of the year at surfmag.com, think i just found my new desktop background!

vGV9S.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭BGOllie

my own work ;)

post-1-1326204646.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thats unreal Longz! It meant to be anywhere in particular? hills kind of look like sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

some great stuff there, that rainbow photos is amazing.
    that painting is impressive, nice work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 marshman94

the second photo should be in a gallery its amazing

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Low Pockets

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Whats that photographers name. Been trying to remember all wk

According to here its a guy named Dustin Humphrey?

According to here its a guy named Dustin Humphrey?

Yeah saw it somewhere else after I posted here. He's done a whole series like this, some really fantastic stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Congrats on that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

2rp8bp1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭VNP

Is that Fuerta Meercat?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

VNP wrote: »
    Is that Fuerta Meercat?

spot on VNP
    new years day
    out cycling on a dirt road between corralejo and el cotillo and came across these two lads in a really isolated spot
    posted this one in the random photo section

34nnr6f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭killedsirius

I don't really understand how a tilt-shift works but I've never seen that wave look so small yet so big :eek:

This is miniature faking really. If you see the blurred top and bottom here, these effectively trick you into thinking that this is a close up. It's known as the diorama illusion. It's more than likely taken from a tower somewhere to make the process really look like a miniature

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

This is miniature faking really. If you see the blurred top and bottom here, these effectively trick you into thinking that this is a close up. It's known as the diorama illusion. It's more than likely taken from a tower somewhere to make the process really look like a miniature

Could be taken from a chopper too,

It's interesting though, everything look like parts of a really realistic model.

Congrats man!! :)

Congrats man!! :)
    Thanks, still well chuffed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I'll try to post a bit more pictures, I need to learn how to make good photos, when I get onto the west coast.

6716905747_c64a55eee2_o.jpg

And one more, from an early evening.
    7C0B69889DA44C74A35AAF735014085C-0000318206-0002710575-00800L-54085846F015443E87FDA68F98F1AAA7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭alwayssideways

Nothing to do with me, Just a few of my favorites that i took from magicseaweed

243498.jpg

231108.jpg

252317.jpg

And for my favorite! :D
    221044.jpg

That one of Dungeons was my desktop background for quite a while, terrifying wave!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭alwayssideways

That one of Dungeons was my desktop background for quite a while, terrifying wave!

Its still my wallpaper! The video of dungeons from that day is very good also!

This is from the great lakes in the US of A. Brrrr

Indiana.jpg

More here: http://mikekillion.com/

Pretty surprised at how good some of the waves in the great lakes look.

the wrong type of surfing altogether, still though........:eek:

4VvX5.jpg

Three brave beginners in Enniscrone yesterday:
    F093E09E40CB462798FB06C97BD8954E-0000318206-0002727901-00800L-A0CC0AE554B44DDC84651DBEDBEAC959.jpg

And proof of idiocy :-(
    A183DF81B81548D78864E57D48FBB3D2-0000318206-0002727902-00800L-E3524ABEFF3141DE994320622B29E7AD.jpg
    Yes, the car was broken into, most of the windows smashed and interior did ont attract me at all. Shame, shame, shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭keryl

Waiting for someone to finally send that over the cliff to be honest.

Sweet one lifted off Reddit

nXMZi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭keryl

Fantastic

• Advertisement

Painting this time, couldn't find who the artist is......

FHNtC.jpg

Advertisement