Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If i unlock Iphone can i still get updates?

• 06-01-2012 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Might be a silly question, but cant seem to find the answer. If i get my iPhone 4 unlocked, will i still be able to upgrade the IOS software etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes, if you do an official unlock through you phone provider there won't be any issues.
    However, if you unlock using a jailbreak (using ultrasnow) you will have to jailbreak again when you upgrade the ios.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

What i was going to do was take it to one of those shops you see that unlocks phones, and get them to do it. I should ask if they use the jailbreak to unlock them? or would they have the official way of unlocking it do u think? It's a vodafone locked iphone i got off a friend who changed to the 4S and im with O2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't know what they'll do mate. You could ask your friend to contact VF to get an unlock code perhaps?
    Worst case scenario they say no and you can go with a shop or unlock with jailbreak yourself, which is free.

Have a read of the sticky up top in this forum, it'll give you some pointers on how to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

They will more than likely try sell you a gevey and update to you to 5.0.1 preserving your baseband, if your already on 5.0.1 they will more than likely tell you they cannot do it.
    Although I hear some shops in town can request the official apple unlock they charge a fortune for it €150+
    As Biko said above, ask your friend to request it with Vodafone and you'll have the unlock within a few days.

Advertisement