Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Nursing or Midwifery-HELP!

Options
  • 06-01-2012 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all :-)
    I am currently in 6th year and I really need to fill my CAO form out.For the past few years I have been sure that I want to go into the nursing/midwifery field,but now the time has come I can't choose between General Nursing or Midwifery in Trinityor UCD!I know that even if I do General I can later go on and do a post grad in Midwifery but could people please let me know which(in your opinion)is better?!I really don't know which to put before the other!
    Thanks in advance :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sineadx

hi there :)
    im doing general nursing in DCU .. im obviously going to be bias but pick general as it gives u more options if your unsure ... also its only one extra yr post grad to specilise in midwifery . Its quite hard to get a job in midwifery when u qualify, and appperantly employers prefer u to have the double degree aswell, if ur unsure defo pick general as u can specilise in anything. in general nursing u have a midwifery placement to try it out anyway and an elective placement where u can do 3 weeks in midwifery aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

General nursing probably is the way to go. You experience so much more during the course. You may end up hating midwifery but find a love for geriatrics or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DreamingAgain

Yeah I think I've made up my mind now!Going to put general as no.1 !

Advertisement