Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

return to learning or access courses

Options
  • 06-01-2012 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

hey guys,
    new to the boards so hello first of all and thank you to everyone who did the stickys, they really helped.
    i was hoping to apply as a mature student in september 2013 and im trying to get some things ready and sorted. i read on some of the apps to colleges about return to learning or access courses i was wondering if anyone knew some places where these are on? i found on myself in NUI maynooth just looking for some otheres,
    thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

Ucd do an access course for arts,social science and engineering and science. Trinity also have one but i think it's allot more intensive. There are others but that's all i know!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 danmur

thanks man ill check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭skinthegoat

I'm a mature student, about to start the last term of an BA in UCD. I'm over 65 and had only a year of secondary school before starting work way back when. I thought I'd nothing to do but apply to UCD four years ago, but I now realise that, had I done so, I'd have been flattened in the first month. Luckily, I was persuaded to do the Access course, and I can't praise it enough. It was just fantastic. THere are two sessions a week, one studying an accademic subject and the other a 'how to study' class with an educational psychologist. Of course, if you're a secondary school graduate in the habit of regular and effective study, then this might be wasted on you. All I can say is that, for me the Access course was the best investment I ever made: it changed mny life. Good luck, whichever way you go.

Advertisement