Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who would give you a better deal Gamestop or Cash Covenience

Options
  • 06-01-2012 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I am looking to sell my PS3 and 8 games, gamestop have offered me 200 cash for them but its worth alot more because 3 or 4 of the games are brand new titles, In reality I would like the option to buy them back so the buy back cash convenience option looks interesting, would they better or at least match what gamestop are offereing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

How is anyone here supposed to know that?? Why don't you just call down to them or ring them?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Probably be a similar valuation tbh, but you will have the option to buy them back at the same price with Cash Converters as part of the deal I think, you definitely wouldnt have that with Gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Probably better off selling them privately if you're stuck for cash. I may be interested in the games if you want to pm me what you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Yeah what games do you have.
    Few of the lads dropped stuff into stash converters and they accidentally sold them before mates had a chance to buy them back.

Anyways yeah, list of games be nice. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Thanks lads but what im going to do is go down to cash convenience tomorrow and ask them for a buy back I should be able to get 200 to 250 off them, I really do what to buy it back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Just looking on their site there. It looks like they might buy it from you for 200 and will cost you 260 to get it back. Although that's based on something that's worth 4 or 500l...how much do playstations go for?

Just to put it out there the games I have are

batman arkham city
    uncharted 3
    dark souls
    fifa 12
    god of war 3
    Mortal kombat VS DC Universe
    Dantes Inferno
    Fear 3

If you can't shift it, I may be interested in Batman and Dark Souls. Chances are when you get the PS3 back I can sell them back to you.

Uncharted 3 is best game ever. I'm doing it on crushing at the moment. Online is great on it aswell.

Just looking on their site there. It looks like they might buy it from you for 200 and will cost you 260 to get it back. Although that's based on something that's worth 4 or 500l...how much do playstations go for?

well im confident of getting 200 off them because gamestop are willing to give me that

• Advertisement

kensutz wrote: »
    If you can't shift it, I may be interested in Batman and Dark Souls. Chances are when you get the PS3 back I can sell them back to you.

Dark souls is on offer for 20 to 25 euro I think in gamestop at the moment

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Try adverts?

seanybiker wrote: »
    Uncharted 3 is best game ever. I'm doing it on crushing at the moment. Online is great on it aswell.

Playing it at the moment and it's good alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

i'll give ya 20 quid for fifa and uncharted.

You'd get more in Gamestop no matter how much they rip you off with trade in prices.

to be honest im going on hols on monday for 2 weeks, I have a budget of 2500 grand(hotel paid for), it should be enough, just worried it may not be

by the way dark souls is the best game ever made

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Thats f*cking ridiculous

It would cost you at least 80 to 100 euro to buy these 2 games brand new, do you think im retarded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Listen bud, if you have 2.5k for the holiday and you dont think that will be enough, another 200-250 isnt going to make much difference tbh and if you are planning on getting these items back when your home again its going to cost you more then you get for them apparently

Ill take care of Unchartered and Dark Souls for ya if you like? ;)

I actually dont think its worth selling them though, where are you going on holiday if you dont mind me asking? that you think the difference between 2.5k and 2.7k could be so huge!

• Advertisement

It would cost you at least 80 to 100 euro to buy these 2 games brand new, do you think im retarded
    I paid 55 for fifa and I think 60 for uncharted. Poster is having a giraffe offering 20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

try smyths with the games,they buy for cash too.

try smyths with the games,they buy for cash too.

Ya probably get shag all. He wants to buy back so smyths wont be good for that.
    Ill give him 20 for Batman arkam or whatever ya call it. He on holidays for a few weeks. Will give me time to clear it and he can have it back then . Sounds fair to me.

Any of ye wanna get a lend of the games I have then work away. I don't have to many cos I don't have the ps3 long but I have around 10 games. Give ye a loan and obviously want em back. Meh I can only play 1 at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

sorry i knew i was starting too low, i'm not the best with negotiations. how about 250 for fifa on its own? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭G S R

PS3 going for €199 in DID at present.

With the Sales, January is probably the worst month to be trading in.

€200 isn't an awful lot to be getting for a perfect condition PS3 and all those games.

You'd be nearly as well off selling them privately and buying a new PS3 when you get back and try pick up the games 2nd hand.

Advertisement