Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dual mass fly wheel

• 06-01-2012 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

I have a Mitsubishi Pajero where the flywheel has gone and I'm looking into options for a replacement or repair and came across some one who takes your dual mass flywheel and converts it to a solid one. Does any one know of this and how successful it is and can they recommend some one by pm, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Not too sure on the Pajero, but for the most part its usually recommended to replace with a solid flywheel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

You can buy a solid fly-wheel to suit your engine gear-box combination. The only real penalty is slightly more noise & vibration low-down the ranges and in neutral. Some say it may effect the life of your gear-box but lots of VAG guys use them on remapped diesels and I've heard no adverse feed-back. Any gearboxes that broke were probably going to break anyway (earlyish 6-speeds).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭swhyte027

I've done a couple of conversions to solid flywheels they are fairly cheaper.ive heard of people who say they get them welded and all but that's something I don't agree with ash it wouldn't be balanced anfmd what have you.any of the conversions I've done everybody was completely happy n never had n e trouble.on another not done a few boxes on pajeros as well they are a awfull heavy box I've found set them on two gearbox stands when removing then when the box is out remove the transfer box and replace the gearbox then refit the transfer box makes things a hell of slot easier

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

Just to let ye know I'm getting it changed to a solid fly wheel, I got quoted €2400 just to buy a new dual mass one and €280 to change it so a no brainer there.

Advertisement