Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on getting started on a small acting career (12 year-old girl)

• 06-01-2012 7:45pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 16

I'd love to start a small acting career, not for money, just because I really love it and enjoy it so much! I've been taking acting classes at Centre Stage (No longer running, unfortunately) and each year performed in the Pavillion. That's my only experience, for now!
    I'm 12 years old, 13 in April.
    So I'd love some tips on getting started, how to get first parts, roles as extras, or anything to help me on my way!
    Thank you so much, I'd be so grateful for any help or tips!
    Lisa O Brien.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 turtle1990

hi lisa, i can across this the othernight its an agency who represents actors most of them are or have been on fair city and the tudors so it worth a look www.lbmactors.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭bigsmokewriting

It'd be worth continuing to take acting classes - both in terms of continuing to develop your skills and also building up experience through the acting school's/group's own productions. Make sure to ask before you sign up for anything if the teacher keeps students informed about upcoming auditions etc elsewhere - if not find a teacher who will!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 16 lisaclareob

It'd be worth continuing to take acting classes - both in terms of continuing to develop your skills and also building up experience through the acting school's/group's own productions. Make sure to ask before you sign up for anything if the teacher keeps students informed about upcoming auditions etc elsewhere - if not find a teacher who will!
    Are there are classes/academies you can reccommend? My current one is no longer running temporarily and I'd like to take part in one where I'd have more opportunities :) Thanks

Advertisement