Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclub rules in Dublin?

Options
  • 06-01-2012 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hey everyone, I'm going out in Dublin for the first time next weekend. I'm just wondering are the clubs up there strict with regards foot wear and all that. I'm 22 and don't intend n going to any posh club wearing a suit but I don't want to have to resort to some scum hole because of the way I'm dressed.. All views/suggestions are welcome :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Wear shoes and you should be fine anywhere and don't be too pissed at the door.Stay away from Copper Face Jacks also and you'll be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Rules?

Eh, don't be acting the bollx (drunk, loud, sick etc) on the way up to the door and you should be grand. I haven't worn shoes out in Dublin in ~9 years - in saying that, I wouldn't be wearing your stupid airbubbly type runners

Just hit wexford st, harcourt st and you should have a good night

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from East.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

if you cant lift her...dont shift her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

+1 to stay clear of Slapper Face Cacks. Terrible sh!t hole.

Shoes, jeans, shirt. Can't go wrong anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

there are no rules

ie the bouncers'll let you in by playin eenie meanie miny mo in their head (if theyre capable)

other than that, if you dress nice, it might help your chances :) and try not go up to the door steamed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

manual_man wrote: »
    there are no rules
    The clubs with the worst music have the best looking women.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Nolanger wrote: »
    manual_man wrote: »
    there are no rules
    The clubs with the worst music have the best looking women.

thats coz most womens taste in music is sh1te

"Who do you like?"

"Rhianna"

"Oh yeah? She's good..."

Anythin for a shift eh ;)

Don't wear trackies and don't turn up in a huge group of lads and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Best option between runners and shoes for footwear is those €4 plimsoles in Pennys. Some places will just look for an excuse not too let you in, runners would be an ideal one if you're not drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Best option between runners and shoes for footwear is those €4 plimsoles in Pennys. Some places will just look for an excuse not too let you in, runners would be an ideal one if you're not drunk.

disposable club-ware

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Best option between runners and shoes for footwear is those €4 plimsoles in Pennys.

i would say the opposite, have tons of these, yes they are nice and bouncer free... but the sole is so thin glass goes RIGHT through, I got a large piece through my foot recently and really messed up my foot...just dont say you weren't warned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I've often been ok with trainers but I wear the retro type not Air Max type ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Simona1986 wrote: »
    disposable club-ware

Only the finest, 4 pairs brought on holidays with me in the summer, not one pair brought home!
    i would say the opposite, have tons of these, yes they are nice and bouncer free... but the sole is so thin glass goes RIGHT through, I got a large piece through my foot recently and really messed up my foot...just dont say you weren't warned

Ouch! I've only ever heard of one mate get glass through his foot but don't think he worn pennys plimsoles, he didn't mind at the time as they brought him and his mates to VIP area till he went off to hospital and realised he had to get a tetnus shot! :D
    stovelid wrote: »
    I've often been ok with trainers but I wear the retro type not Air Max type ones.

Over 30s clubs don't mind your footwear in all fairness stovelid! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Shoes, jeans and shirt, as someone posted already. Sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭IrishJack89

I've got new black trainers, hopefully they will do. They don't have a big nike tick or air bubbles so I should be okay lol..
    Wheres the best spot to head up there then for a group of (single) 22 yr old lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Over 30s clubs don't mind your footwear in all fairness stovelid! :P

They're called 'Late Bars' these days, Gav. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

The only place in Dublin (or anywhere!) I've ever been refused from for not wearing shoes was Diceys,and I was glad too,place must've been packed with drunken eejits judging by the amount of drunk arseholes the bouncers were letting in.

You can be a loud,pissed arsehole and you can come in,you can't be sober and wearing converse though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Mister Dread

Hardly any places have a shoe policy and if they do its generally made up on the spot because they don't want to let you in for other reasons. Always amazes me going out in bogger towns and the ridiculous policies they have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Mister Dread

I've got new black trainers, hopefully they will do. They don't have a big nike tick or air bubbles so I should be okay lol..
    Wheres the best spot to head up there then for a group of (single) 22 yr old lads?

D2 I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭IrishJack89

D2 I'd say.

Ya I've been looking at D2 alright, seems to be alot going on down around there..

I would have expected Dublin to be very strict. You cant even get into some clubs down here in Tipperary unless your wearing shoes and its like the bouncers in Cork won't allow you in at all if you have any bit of drink taken..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

It really depends where you go. I've been going out to Dublin bars and clubs for 7 years now without a pair of shoes, and have never been refused on that basis.

With a lot more competition in Dublin, bouncers are (gladly) less conservative about attire. There are a few clubs I go to (on a Friday night) where sneakers/cons, jeans, t-shirts and hoodies are par for the course.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

as long as you look respectable its rarely an issue, even the likes of Kyrstal, now I wouldnt wear white runners but you can get away with most other shoes in dublin clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Don't wear any football or rugby shirts. This might seem obvious, but some people might wear one of those retro 70's cotton ones and think they're ok. Some bouncers mightn't agree. They think sports jerseys = fights.

Advertisement