Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Incorrect Billing

Options
  • 06-01-2012 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hello, we recently joined UPC last month and got Broadband, TV (With Sports Package, and also free Movie channels for two months) and Telephone (Which has free calls to other Telephone numbers on and off peak), last week we found out our first bill was an astonishing €489 so we called them up and they said there were problems with that bill and they would look into it. We rang them back two days ago and they knocked the bill down to €346 which is still irregular so when we rang them back up they said they double charged us and they would ring back on Friday (Today) which never happened. My belief is they're trying to stall us until the bill is due which is the 11th and then make us pay the overcharged bill so they can credit it to the next bill which is unacceptable for us as like most people can understand times are tough and they only reason we switched to upc was to save money with being on Eircom and Sky but we can't afford to pay €346 in one go. So I was hoping someone here could help with giving me some options to pressure them into sorting this thing out properly like a consumer number or someone that can take a look at the bill and compare it with the email I recieved from UPC saying our bill plus the €95 activation fee was €128 per month, also mobile phone calls were made but that only added up to €15 so it still makes no sense the high price of the bill. I hope someone here can help, thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

If there is a direct debit set up you should cancel it immediately in your bank and inform UPC of this. you can request a refund of any direct debit that is paid on a disputed amount.

The next thing you need to do is sit down and read through your bill and figure out exactly how much you should be paying. when you know this you should then contact UPC in writing and let them know that they have overcharged you and that you will not be paying any invoice until you are billed for the correct amount!

Pay nothing until they send you an invoice with only the charges that are due to them listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

Will they cut us off? It's just we're all kind of screwed if we get everything switched off.

Also and sorry I forgot to mention it earlier we did request an invoice and got one sent out to us and there are clear signs of being charged twice for everything. Yet UPC seem to be taking their time. By calculations the bill should be about between 230 and 250

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Also and sorry I forgot to mention it earlier we did request an invoice and got one sent out to us and there are clear signs of being charged twice for everything. Yet UPC seem to be taking their time. By calculations the bill should be about between 230 and 250
    Of course they could cut you off but you would be very foolish to stay with a company that would treat a new customer so badly!

It is doubtful that they would cut you off anyway but you should also write to or email ComReg with details of the incorrect invoice and your failed efforts to get a correct invoice, companies like UPC are only allowed provide services once they meet certain conditions and one of them is that their billing system is usable.

which offer did you sign up to? Fibre power ultimate? with sky sports and setanta sports added on?

Thank you. I appreciate your help and I will email Comreg asap and let you know the end result.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Is there not a cooling off period of some sort, within which you could leave without any hassle from them? They're clearly not holding up their side of the contract with this stupidity.

Advertisement