Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hkc wireless problems

• 06-01-2012 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi out there . I installed a wireless hkc alarm in my house today and have experienced a few problems . (1) when I 'add & ID rf zones' , it started at zone 11 , why did it not start at zone 1 ? and how do I get back to zone 1 ?
    (2) two of the wireless inertia sensors do not activate when I carry out a walk test on the system even though they have been found ?
    I would be interested to hear any reply ,
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Moving To Home Security Systems... I think it would better suit there than in Computers & Tech.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fourpoint0

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭altor

fourpoint0 wrote: »
    Hi out there . I installed a wireless hkc alarm in my house today and have experienced a few problems . (1) when I 'add & ID rf zones' , it started at zone 11 , why did it not start at zone 1 ? and how do I get back to zone 1 ?

It starts at zone 11 as there are 10 wired zones on the panel. You can have 70 plus wire free devices on this system. In order to get the wire free sensor on to start at zone 1, scroll to zone 1 using the previous key.
    (2) two of the wireless inertia sensors do not activate when I carry out a walk test on the system even though they have been found ?
    Thanks

Have you fitted the magnet to close the zone correctly, If so when you remove the magnet from beside the sensor does it show open in the walk test ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fourpoint0

altor wrote: »

It starts at zone 11 as there are 10 wired zones on the panel. You can have 70 plus wire free devices on this system. In order to get the wire free sensor on to start at zone 1, scroll to zone 1 using the previous key.
    Thanks

Have you fitted the magnet to close the zone correctly, If so when you remove the magnet from beside the sensor does it show open in the walk test ?

Altor, thanks for that. I am away for the weekend but will try again on Monday . Appreciate you taking the time to reply to my question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭altor

Altor, thanks for that. I am away for the weekend but will try again on Monday . Appreciate you taking the time to reply to my question

Always happy to help ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement