Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from currys forum

Options
  • 06-01-2012 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi, i got banned form currys forum for 7 days because I opened a closed thread twice as the questions I was asking were not answered, they were about currys getting people to work for nothing and they deleted my thread so that no-one else could answer the questions

I asked a few questions that they didnt like I will try to remember what they were

1) how does it take 9 months to train someone as a drivers assistant

2) have currys trained anyone in the uk for no money and if not why not.

3) if you had someone who was a family member, friend or someone you know who was been abused by a company in the middle of recession that was making a profit would you shop there in the future.

4) do you think its fair to employ someone on zero wages.

5) is this a new position or will this person be in a van with a driver and another assistant as this person will be in training

6) can you Declan put up the training procedure to show how it takes 9 months to train someone as a drivers assistant.

7) how long did it take to train the last drivers assistant.

I then went on to say that if I get banned (I thought it was going to happen) that will someone else ask the questions.

anyway can you review this ban please

I also got this smart comment from Jor el "Reposting a closed thread, twice. The rules apply to you as much as everyone else. Your post has been removed, so no one else will be restarting it as you requested. Do not re-start closed topics.

very professional indeed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Restarting a closed topic not once, but twice, is a bannable offense, simple as that. You were told directly not to restart it after the 2nd time, and you ignored this. You knew yourself that it would result in a ban, yet you did it anyway.

Flagrant abuse of the forum results in a ban, I fail to see how you can question that.

As I already told you, questions about the FAS work placement scheme should be put to government, as this is a government initiative that is open to all companies. How the management of Currys & PC World decide to run their company is not something that you can question on a customer interaction forum. Declan has also given the only answer he is going to give, in the first thread that was closed. You don't have to be happy about this, but that's where it ends.

I have discussed this with dudara, and we are both in agreement. Your ban is merited, and will remain in place. As it happens, we both banned you for 7 days at the exact same time, I'm pretty sure this counts as a unanimous decision by the CMods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭skyguy19

@ Jor. why dont you voice your opinion on the currys site like I was doing but am now not able to, its been talked about on Politics.ie, facebook pages and Im sure other sites across ireland even politicians on facebook are talking about it and just for the record i have emailed my local politicain in the government to voice my opinion. notice the word VOICE MY OPINION, and when my ban is up Ill pm Declan to see if this is the way he runs things, supressing peoples opinion becasue people incharge of his forum do not agree with what people are saying.

as Ive said in previous posts on currys forum Declan does a great job on boards.ie, ive heard of no other md that speaks to the public and fair play to him but Im shocked he is allowing ye to close threads and ban people becasue their views are not the same as the views that you agree with, the last time I looked at the irish constiution we still had freedom of speech.

and just for the record here it is been spoken about on politics.ie, its under the heading Dixons Now want Full Time State paid Skivvies .Hurry places are limited

http://www.politics.ie/forum/economy/179076-dixons-now-want-full-time-state-paid-skivvies-hurry-places-limited.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

skyguy19 wrote: »
    notice the word VOICE MY OPINION,

I never said it wasn't your opinion, but you have no automatic right to voice your opinion, or anything else, on this site. If you belive you do, then you are wrong. What other sites allow is irrelevant, this site has it's rules and you broke those rules.
    and when my ban is up Ill pm Declan to see if this is the way he runs things

Your forum ban does not effect the PM system.
    supressing peoples opinion becasue people incharge of his forum do not agree with what people are saying.

Declan has posted on the forum, and has said all he is going to say on the subject. He is aware that you have been banned, but is not involved in that process.

Once again, your ban was for restarting a closed topic, not once, but twice. Are you denying this, or have you anything else of relevance to add to it? If not, this can be closed as there is no disputing the reason. You were not banned for expressing your opinion. The wider issue of the topic at hand is not relevant to this discussion, so I will not go into that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭skyguy19

@ jor, Declan is going to have to answer the questions some time if not here then somewere else. there is uproar over this and people will stop shopping in currys if questions are not answered also, is Declan aware that people are not happy and that is why thread are been reposted, i just checked your forum, someone else has now started another thread about it.

let me tell you something I may not be allowed to voice my opinion on your forum but by god Ill voice it everywere else, and also you saying that this topic here can be closed, guess what, you dont have that power for this topic only the cmod and admin can do that. so don't try your bullyboy tactics here please.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

jor el is the CMod, and I'm an admin. The ban is upheld, and the topic is closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement