Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dermabrasion for acne prone skin

Options
  • 06-01-2012 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm 32 and still have acne prone skin (hormonal imbalance-have tried everything medical but homeopathy is the only thing that is having any impact). I'm wondering if anyone has tried dermabrasion for acne?? Did you get long term results?? I also suffer from oily skin and black heads.
    Anyone know of a good (tried and tested!) clinic in Limerick that do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

Kilmir, I’ve suffered with acne since my late teens. About 10 years ago I did a course of 6 microdermabrasion treatments after been recommended it for hyperpigmentation caused by acne. Before my therapist carried out my microdermabrasion she insisted I have a few glycolic peel treatments to kill off any acne on my skin. Her reasoning was that the MD treatment would cause the acne to spread around my face if it was still active. Well I did as she suggested and the out come was well below my expectations. My skin was the smoothest it had ever been, it was soft and my makeup went on brilliantly. However it was suppose to help with my hyperpigmentation which it had zero effect on. The course of treatments + glycolic peels cost around 800 euro :eek::o

From what Ive been told by therapist, microdermabrasion should not be carried out on skin that has active acne as it will only make it worse. There is a relatively new procedure out called Jet Peel which is safe for acne sufferers to have and is also suppost to help clear it up as it cleans deep into the pores.
    http://www.rivermedical.ie/non-surgical-treatments/skin-treatments/jet-peel.html

Good look

EDIT: Just noticed how old this thread is :rolleyes: damn you zombie thread! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kilmir

Thanks for your help..wont be getting any dermobrasion any time soon!!

Advertisement