Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will this tv work with saorview?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

The first question I'll ask is do you have an aerial connected to the TV?

According to this thread from 2 years ago it's an Mpeg-2 TV and won't receive the Saorview channels - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59573946. Saorview uses MPEG-4.

Confirmed in the manual
    Any functions related to Digital TV (DVB) will only work in
    countries or areas where DVB-T (MPEG2) digital terrestrial
    signals are broadcasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Thanks for the quick response cush

I had gotten my hopes up that it had mp4 for saorview

The guy I got it off must have had a box or something then

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kosice

I have the same model of TV- Samsung LE32a456c2d and it does not seem to work with Saorview box along with an aerial. I bought the box and aerial thinking it would work with the TV as it's only a few years old. Is there any way around this at all or is it just destined for the skip??? Any info would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I have the same model of TV- Samsung LE32a456c2d and it does not seem to work with Saorview box along with an aerial.

How is the box connected to the TV?

I have tried connecting the tv with the HDMI cable that came with the Saorview box but now it is connected by a SCART lead.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Is it a signal problem you have then? Are you using an indoor aerial?

It certainly isn't an incompatibility problem with the tv.

Many thanks to Peter as well as Ardmacha- all sorted now and I'm happy to say that the TV will be saved from the skip for a few years yet.

Advertisement