Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECOBEAD V ECOFOAM

• 06-01-2012 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi my house is 8 years old , we used kingspan in the cavity walls , it is still quiet cold and draughty. I am thinking of getting the pumped insulation , which is better the beads or the foam ???? Any info would be most welcome. Carline43

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

CARLINE43 wrote: »
    Hi my house is 8 years old , we used kingspan in the cavity walls , it is still quiet cold and draughty. I am thinking of getting the pumped insulation , which is better the beads or the foam ???? Any info would be most welcome. Carline43

In my experience, pumping the walls will have little if any impact on your draughts. Have an airtightness test / heat loss survey done first to find out exactly how and why your house loses it's heat before you spend on upgrading your insulation.

Advertisement