Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gotye...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

I'm really into Gotye.. that is one of the best songs from 2011.

Here's more:

EDIT: sorry, my youtube tags didn't work :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Both Gotye and Kimbra are extremely talented artists, I can't stop listening to 'Somebody I Used to Know' at the moment, it's just so so brilliant and has proper meaning to it, both in terms of it's lyrics and video.

I'm also loving this one by Kimbra, she is going to be huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

Yeah the walk off the earth cover made me get into Gotye myself.

Really love the Learnalilgivinanlovin song. Reminds me a lot of Genesis myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Kimbra is hot as f*ck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I never heard of Gotye till this current song which is fab and from his third album

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

When I first heard Somebody That I Used To Know on the radio i thought it was Sting & Katy Perry :pac: A lot of people commenting on youtube are saying that too so im not the only one ha

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Try this. A parody of a parody, that's a first

http://m.youtube.com/?rdm=4phc78c1h&reload=3#/watch?v=IwPHy17Iu6E

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭vider12

this song is okey but i'm not a massive fan, when i first heard this song it reminded me of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9gq-ANfjc0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭windingo

considering this song is of his third album and this is the first we've heard of him I don't think he is that great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Only heard this song for the first time yesterday and then again this morning on way to work so had to Youtube it. Surprised to see it was released in July. Really good, very Stinglike. Love this song and intend to investigate further.

How do you pronounce the name? I take it it's not "Gotcha" but it would be if he was Irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

How do you pronounce the name? I take it it's not "Gotcha" but it would be if he was Irish!

From Wikipedia
    Wouter "Wally" De Backer (born 21 May 1980), also known professionally by his stage name Gotye, is a Belgian-Australian[1] multi-instrumental musician and singer-songwriter. The name "Gotye" is derived from "Gaultier" (or "Gautier" or "Gauthier"), the French equivalent of "Wouter" ("Walter" in English).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Peter Gabrial/Phil Collins in the chorus anyone? Definitely some genesis in his voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Wildlife Actor

2:55. Is he trying:
    (a) not to look
    (b) to think about his granny naked
    (c) both?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,178 ✭✭✭✭flazio

BX 19 wrote: »
    Peter Gabrial/Phil Collins in the chorus anyone? Definitely some genesis in his voice.
    Nah, if I were him I would check that his mother wasn't a roadie for The Police, even the way his face is shaped reminds me so much of Sting.

• Site Banned Posts: 22 frogcheese

I don't mind this song, but think he might be a one hit wonder as we havn't heard of him before and this is of his third album!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭windingo

Have to say, I'm not really fussed on this guy. First time I heard this I thought it was Sting & Katy Perry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

His song 'Hearts a Mess' from a previous album is really good as well.

Advertisement