Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading Question :)

Options
  • 06-01-2012 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Was just wondering do internet providers have to give you a warning if your caught illegal downloading or can they fine you without one?? Thanks :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

straight to prison I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

IBTL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I was wondering why you wrote your user name in the same style as a prepubescent boy would do on the back of his pencil case?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭amacca

excellent question......just excellent.

(sadly I don't know the answer)

I can make one up though

and it would be.............

yes!

or is that no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

No. They prosecute the uploaders as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

You'll end up in Room 101.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Swampy wrote: »
    No. The prosecute the uploaders as far as I know.

No it's the ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

No,they wait for you to fall asleep and draw a funny moustache on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭frank9901

no, internet providers can not fine you

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Throw a brick through the window of a record store

Climb in and steal some music

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Depends on where you live.

In Sweden for example, file-sharing is now officially recognised as a relegion.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/odd/news/a358566/file-sharing-officially-recognised-as-a-religion-in-sweden.html
    Sweden has officially recognised file sharing as a religion.

The Church of Kopimism, which has around 3,000 members, is a pro-piracy religious organisation that believes "information is holy and copying is a sacrament".

The official website states: "The community of kopimi requires no formal membership. You just have to feel a calling to worship what is the holiest of the holiest, information and copy.

"To do this, we organise kopyactings - religious services - where the kopimists share information with each other through copying and remix."

This is the third time in more than a year that the Church of Kopimism has tried to be registered as a religious organisation.

The country's government were eventually swayed after the Church formalised its method of praying and meditation.

Spiritual leader Isak Gerson commented: "Being recognised by the state of Sweden is a large step for all of kopimi. Hopefully, this is one step towards the day when we can live out our faith without fear of persecution."

I wish I had known this before the last census. Declaring my relegion as Jedi was so 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Was just wondering do internet providers have to give you a warning if your caught illegal downloading or can they fine you without one?? Thanks :)

Reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Thread locked down.

IP address sent on to appropriate authorities.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement