Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An Post - them and us

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Sounds like its time for An Post to be taken over by an 21st century postal service (operating from outside the state), and while they're at it we might get an adult approace to customer service & parcel delivery, and we might finally get a Post Code system for the whole country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

As long as the state is not italy or greese. I have no complaints about an post, the odd time i have been charged a parcel rate instead of a packet rate at the gpo but they fixed it when i showed them the measurments. I have never had to que at the depot but the parcels in the waterford 1 are not in alpha order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Seems An post 'tried' to deliver my item to me this morning. This is the exact same as what happened last time with the same item, noone rang doorbell or anything.

Off to the depot to eat some heads again for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Does anyone know the opening hours of either the Rathmines or Ballsbridge depot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

In response to my last message ^^

Arrived and the package was huge. Stated that it wasnt delivered at all or even tried, just got the notice and that this was the second time, and that I had not paid for it to be delivered to the depot.

Person helping was unreasonable to say the least. He said I had to ring a number to complain, and then wouldnt let me use his phone. There was NOONE else there. He also wouldnt take responsibility as it was from 'the Killbarrack branch' so nothing to do with him. He also then said he would only give it to me; it would NOT be dropped around in the van (I lived about 10 minute walk or 2 minute drive, and this was a BIG box) and even if I left it there, it was unlikely that the Kilbarrack branch would come get it to redeliver it. So nothing. So annoyed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I was left a 'unable to deliver' slip recently. I rang a the An Post depot to check it was open for lunch. It was about 12.50pm. The depot is about 10 mins drive. Sure enough it was open for lunch and the chap I was speaking to said he had the parcel beside him. I asked him a couple of questions about the parcel as I couldn't remember ordering anything. He definitely had the parcel beside him.

Arrived at 1pm to pick up my parcel - I was the only one there - he took my slip and disappeared for 20mins. I was going to leave as I thought he'd forgotten about me.

I questioned why it took so long and mentioned I had rang earlier. His answer was that he couldn't find the parcel :rolleyes:

Advertisement