Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,679 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

torres3011 wrote: »
    How could you tell just for me own info?

Cheers

Really late reg that nobody in their right mind would purchase a car and also the spec so likely imported :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

if you don't mind looking like a tit, here's 9 months NCT and a sliver of tax in a proven very reliable car for €170

if you wanted a town car you could just start it in second and go everywhere in second :pac:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3622593

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Looking at the paintjob you'd have to ask if a good power-hose would strip it back to it's original colour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

andyseadog wrote: »
    if you don't mind looking like a tit, here's 9 months NCT and a sliver of tax in a proven very reliable car for €170

if you wanted a town car you could just start it in second and go everywhere in second :pac:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3622593

You forgot the nomics part...

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

Plus the nicely rounded price of 170 euro...little bargain but engine/gearbox must have a nasty surprise coming up soon..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Might be worth a punt...

NCT till April, 1000 sods

Full-12914033.jpeg

All this M-TDI talk has me thinking... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

markens2 wrote: »
    Time for a bangernomics change. I posted about wanting a van. The girlfriend has heard my plan and promptly told me "NO CHANCE".

If she was ugly she'd be gone.

I've decided to settle for a commercial jeep now. Any ideas.

Also here is my Bangernomics offering. It's my car.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3617146

Ah..........the lady is dictating your choice of vehicle!!!!!
    Commercial Jeeps tend to be thirsty ,expensive to run, tyres are expensive, and finally unless your occupation warrants use of a commercial vehicle you will need ,surprise surprise, to pay the appropriate private road tax. Example if the jeep is 3 litre the road tax is €1390 for 12 months!
    Stick with your car it will be a lot less hassle .
    Best wishes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

Worth a punt at 1100e if it passes the NCT:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3622769
    Full?id=12912876

ongarite wrote: »
    Worth a punt at 1100e if it passes the NCT:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3622769
    Full?id=12912876
    Ad wrote:
    PEUGEOT 106 GTI HIGH TORQUE 16V, PEUGEOT SPORTS CLUTCH, FULL LEATHER INTERIOR ORIGINALL GTI FLOOR MATS, TIMING BELT AND WATER PUMP DONE AT 98000, SUNROOF, FRONT AND REAR BREAK DISCS AND PADS DONE, FRONT FOG LIGHTS, ELECTRIC WINDOWS, LIGHT WEIGHT BODY, FRONT WIND DEFLECTORS ORIGINAL ALLOY WHEELS, CLIFFORD ALARM WITH IMOBILSER AND CENTRAL LOCKING, NCT BOOKED FOR THE 21/7 @ GREENHILLS 3 OWNERS FROM NEW,!! NON GTI ON LOG BOOK!! SO CHEAP FOR INSURANCE, 149BHP, RARE CAR PRICE TO SELL, CALL seller FR MORE INFO ON :0000000000 D.20 NEEDS SMALL AMOUNT OF TLC.

Price: € 1,100

With no NCT, tax and an obvious 16v engine swap, my guess is the poor car has had a hard enough life and would require more than a bit of tlc to put back right.

Half that asking price is still too much for a car like that. A tip top 106GTI fetches approx €1500 - €1800 for a late example, for example.

Says the Fiat fanboi ;)

Bulletproof Corolla for 450e with 8 months NCT:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3622915
    Full?id=12913559

• Advertisement

SAAB Estate, NCT 2014 for 1450e:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3344212
    Full-11599086.jpeg

SAAB Estate, NCT 2014 for 1450e:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3344212
    Full-11599086.jpeg

Yes, nice looking car. Probably the largest estate car in its class. Well priced.

dgt wrote: »
    With no NCT, tax and an obvious 16v engine swap, my guess is the poor car has had a hard enough life and would require more than a bit of tlc to put back right.

Half that asking price is still too much for a car like that. A tip top 106GTI fetches approx €1500 - €1800 for a late example, for example.

Says the Fiat fanboi ;)

It is irrelevant what it says on the tax book. If it is a GTI and this info is not disclosed to the Insurance Company, I understand it may invalidate any future claim in the event of an accident. I think they would call it Non-Disclosure????

Suitable as donor car for parts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

If this could be bought for 1200 quid then its a doozzy. Mind this car and it'll only go up in value ....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3473545

View2-12662932.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

600 Euro. Be tempted myself but no mention of NCT (I assume window fault would be a fail) and I don't want to pay the tax on a 1.8. fulloi.jpg.

Id say those nice 17" alloys would be worth 200 alone. Picture is link.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Redisle wrote: »
    600 Euro. Be tempted myself but no mention of NCT (I assume window fault would be a fail) and I don't want to pay the tax on a 1.8. fulloi.jpg.

Id say those nice 17" alloys would be worth 200 alone. Picture is link.

Make a good track day car, at €600 I assume there is a hidden problem apart from no NCT and high mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,424 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

SAAB Estate, NCT 2014 for 1450e

Nice. Automatic too!

How did it get an NCT till '14 though? It's an '03, so presumably NCT was due in '11 and would have been valid for 2 years.

Unless the car was first registered in December '03, then the current NCT will be valid until December '13, or nearly '14? The owner putting on a slightly positive spin? :D

No mention of SH though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Says the Fiat fanboi ;)

Hi I think your right about everything there except the "engine swap"

Id put my money on it being an original factory 1.6 gti 16v.
    The lack of Gti on the logbook probably came about when imported into Ireland & VRT office either didnt enter all info or whomever VRT-ed it didnt mention the Gti 16v part to get cheaper VRT rate..

PS I am also a Fiat fanboy- have sold my Fiat Coupe 20vt & Im after a Cinq or Seicento or Punto Sporting to fill the void if anyone has anything @ €500 ish..

Thanks lads this in my fav thread on motors forum by a mile:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

if the price came down to 1500 or so, it might fall into the bangernomics category.

10 months test, 3 months tax, 4 new tyres, arguably a good looking car. wild card all the same

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3628029

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

I never saw one of these, not even a picture in a magazine ^^^^

Full-12938593.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

unkel wrote: »
    SAAB Estate, NCT 2014 for 1450e

Nice. Automatic too!

How did it get an NCT till '14 though? It's an '03, so presumably NCT was due in '11 and would have been valid for 2 years.

Unless the car was first registered in December '03, then the current NCT will be valid until December '13, or nearly '14? The owner putting on a slightly positive spin? :D

No mention of SH though...

Wrt NCT.. import.

Really nice car... If it wasn't for the tax and fuel economy I'd consider it for the missus.
    Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Bigus wrote: »
    I never saw one of these, not even a picture in a magazine ^^^^

Full-12938593.jpeg

There's a few around alright, great engine in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

*Aerodeck*

I think they're a lovely car,

Also a great avenue into civic & vtec territory without the stigma, integra sir engine in them iirc?

Looks like a nice example, lots of history shown in one pic, if my circumstances were different i'd definitly be looking at that :o

davycc wrote: »
    Hi I think your right about everything there except the "engine swap"

Id put my money on it being an original factory 1.6 gti 16v.
    The lack of Gti on the logbook probably came about when imported into Ireland & VRT office either didnt enter all info or whomever VRT-ed it didnt mention the Gti 16v part to get cheaper VRT rate..

PS I am also a Fiat fanboy- have sold my Fiat Coupe 20vt & Im after a Cinq or Seicento or Punto Sporting to fill the void if anyone has anything @ €500 ish..

Thanks lads this in my fav thread on motors forum by a mile:cool:

I did indeed realise afterwards that yes, it may be an import put down as a non GTI on the book...

I had a broom yellow Sporting up untill April, sold to another member on here :cool:

Would this fit the build? You might get it for €500 cash (bumpers have me baffled though, looks like it had an Abarth kit and was sold separately :()

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I did indeed realise afterwards that yes, it may be an import put down as a non GTI on the book...

I had a broom yellow Sporting up untill April, sold to another member on here :cool:

Would this fit the build? You might get it for €500 cash (bumpers have me baffled though, looks like it had an Abarth kit and was sold separately :()

Hmmm Yes I seen that last night on DD & its a shame alright whatever happened to the kit......nice car otherwise.. was it a broom yellow Punto you had? I had a broom Cei Sporting.......a black Sei Sporting & a grey Sei Sporting too.. Im selling my daily hack Ford Puma. so im just window shopping until it sells sadly..

• Advertisement

davycc wrote: »
    Hmmm Yes I seen that last night on DD & its a shame alright whatever happened to the kit......nice car otherwise.. was it a broom yellow Punto you had? I had a broom Cei Sporting.......a black Sei Sporting & a grey Sei Sporting too.. Im selling my daily hack Ford Puma. so im just window shopping until it sells sadly..

It must have fetched a pretty penny if justified to take it off the car... :eek:

Had 2 Sportings, mk1 and mk2, both broom yellow. My dad bought the mk1 outright off me, I had the mk2 since 2009, sold earlier this year... I'm sure you'll see it in some of the other threads, it has a blue bonnet! :o

Sei's are lovely and cheap, if this one is still for sale might be worth a punt, looks like a straight example :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement