Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

166man wrote: »
    Can't see you getting €750 off the asking price for the BMW that easily somehow.

Can't see the appeal of that 530d myself either.

A. It does not have leather seats, Poverty spec.

B Mileage is High @180k miles

C. Few people want a 3 litre diesel

D The Reg plates Style & County!

E The LED Lights

Taking the above into account €2000 is max I would pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

For those who are wondering what the problem with a DL plate is, well its like this.

Firstly Donegal is one of the most deprived parts of Ireland (locals constantly claim this themselves while making their case for various subsidies) and because of this lack of cash, their cars are usually not the best maintained in the land.

Second, every doggy Fecker within a stones throw of Strabane will hop across into Norn Iron, bring back a cheapy, clock it/ repair it / weld one end if it to the other end of the one he has in the shed in Buncrana and flog it. That's why there's such a disproportionately high number of vehicles reged in this county. ****e just flows into it.

In a nutshell that's it. Nothing against Donegal (far from it, I love the place ) , its just that this is the simple truth of the matter. A DL plate is usually a very good reason to do a history check first.

Saab Ed wrote: »
    For those who are wondering what the problem with a DL plate is, well its like this.

Firstly Donegal is one of the most deprived parts of Ireland (locals constantly claim this themselves while making their case for various subsidies) and because of this lack of cash, their cars are usually not the best maintained in the land.

Second, every doggy Fecker within a stones throw of Strabane will hop across into Norn Iron, bring back a cheapy, clock it/ repair it / weld one end if it to the other end of the one he has in the shed in Buncrana and flog it. That's why there's such a disproportionately high number of vehicles reged in this county. ****e just flows into it.

In a nutshell that's it. Nothing against Donegal (far from it, I love the place ) , its just that this is the simple truth of the matter. A DL plate is usually a very good reason to do a history check first.

Well said Ed! I could not have been as eloquent only to add that I would do a history check first for DL, CN, LM ,MN ,and LH. Some of these counties appear to have more cars than people living there

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Saab Ed wrote: »

on top of that the general state of a lot of the roads up there compared to dublin/kildare etc.. , combined with an attitude towards drink driving / piling more people into cars than seats and a fascination with official and unofficial rallying all add up to a much higher scrap to bargain ratio than a lot of places.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,427 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Crazy driving in Donegal. I've had a good bit of experience of it myself. And I'm not even talking boy racers here. Respectable middle aged mummies stating themselves that they are poor drivers, driving their full size Range Rovers at 120km/h on dodgy regional roads. And mentioning boy racers, what happened to that lunatic lad that killed the pensioner and 7 of his friends? Was he sentenced and jailed yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 sunny2012

Fourth largest in Irl from memory ollie. Put it ths way, I would not fancy driving form bundoran to malin head to look at a motor - its a right fair spin;)

Bundoran is nearer to Tuam, Co. Galway than it is to Malin Head. Consequently you take the M1 (N2) or M3 from Dublin to Donegal, depending on where in the county you're heading. You'll find some well looked after cars in Donegal and a lot are UK imports with higher specs. There are of course turkeys so buyer be ware.......

sunny2012 wrote: »
    Bundoran is nearer to Tuam, Co. Galway than it is to Malin Head. Consequently you take the M1 (N2) or M3 from Dublin to Donegal, depending on where in the county you're heading. You'll find some well looked after cars in Donegal and a lot are UK imports with higher specs. There are of course turkeys so buyer be ware.......

I accept there are some nice imports from UK in Donegal as there are in Cork, one of the big issues is finding number of previous owners. When the IRL log book is issued for an import it does not record the number of previous owners in UK. Therefore the log book may show 2 owners on the log book, buy in reality the car may have had 5 owners before being imported.
    It also fascinates me the number of Uk registered cars for sale on Done Deal in the Border counties. Surely the same Vrt regulations apply in the aforementioned counties as in Cork .?

Interestingly, just had a quick look at cars for sale on Done Deal,Co. Donegal. 4 cars are displaying UK reg plates, and 4 are displaying illegal style reg plates. Can anyone in Donegal explain? It would not be tolerated here in Cork.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

whats with all the chatter?

where's the bangers?

MidlandsM wrote: »
    whats with all the chatter?

where's the bangers?

Yes indeed! Where are your contributions? No bangers in Midlands? thought you would be in to comment on thr OY Reg BMW!

• Advertisement

Yes indeed! Where are your contributions? No bangers in Midlands? thought you would be in to comment on thr OY Reg BMW!

i think you'll find my post more than my fair share of bangers.......unlike some here who just come on to talk shyte about Donegal number plates etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cgal093

I'm tempted but not going all the way down there!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3736339

i think you'll find my post more than my fair share of bangers.......unlike some here who just come on to talk shyte about Donegal number plates

Are you a trader?
    Ah, just realised you are from the Northwest! perhaps you could actually enlighten us so. what is going on? Perhaps we should be buying up the DL cars? go on tell us!

cgal093 wrote: »

Good deal for parts! Not too far from Cork

i think you'll find my post more than my fair share of bangers.......unlike some here who just come on to talk shyte about Donegal number plates etc..

Midlands, as you are in the Northwest, you did not comment on the OY reg.
    DL. must be closer to home..?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Interestingly, just had a quick look at cars for sale on Done Deal,Co. Donegal. 4 cars are displaying UK reg plates, and 4 are displaying illegal style reg plates. Can anyone in Donegal explain? It would not be tolerated here in Cork.

The illegal style plates I presume are yellow on the back . Two main reasons for this, firstly it doesn't stick out as much when you are travelling around in certain unsavoury areas of the North, secondly it's become a bit of a fashion trend, in fact it's near obligatory on "felt spec" cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Cork? You're from everywhere BUT Cork! :D

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Cork? You're from everywhere BUT Cork! :D

Cork also, must update my profile. Thanks for reminding me

Confirm profile amended, thanks

how in the name of Zeus is this a bargain???............it's old as the hills, shyte, no test, nothing .......:rolleyes:

@Del, I don't do chit-chatting here, that not what this thread is meant to be about......so please shut up and move on...;)

and so, back to the bangers.......

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3737158

cheap punto, looks daycent, with 2 keys too I see.....lots of test, will be gone in hrs.

how in the name of Zeus is this a bargain???............it's old as the hills, shyte, no test, nothing .......:rolleyes:

@Del, I don't do chit-chatting here, that not what this thread is meant to be about......so please shut up and move on...;)

cheap punto, looks daycent, with 2 keys too I see.....lots of test, will be gone in hrs.

I said the land rover was good for parts! Read again!

Secondly telling me to shut up could get you banned. Oh I see you have been banned before. wonder why?

Finally the Punto looks like a nice cheap runabout.

• Advertisement

I don't give a feck, its fcuking cool :cool: If my mates towing thingy could tow it I'd be on the way down to Waterford now :pac:

Bangernomics is not about cars/jeeps for parts.......its about road legal, and cheap.....and yes, i've been banned on a few occasions, all contrarians are...and its a badge of honour to me......lol

:)
    I don't give a feck, its fcuking cool :cool: If my mates towing thingy could tow it I'd be on the way down to Waterford now :pac:

My guess is it won't take much to get it on the road again. Potential Classic! Go for it!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I said the land rover was good for parts! Read again!

Secondly telling me to shut up could get you banned. Oh I see you have been banned before. wonder why?

Finally the Punto looks like a nice cheap runabout.

Taking moderation into your own hands could see you banned also.

More bangers; less chit chat! Bangernomics!=Cars for parts.

:)

My guess is it won't take much to get it on the road again. Potential Classic! Go for it!:)

naaaa Del, you want a yoke you can drive home legally......!:D

Bangernomics is not about cars/jeeps for parts.......its about road legal, and cheap.....and yes, i've been banned on a few occasions, all contrarians are...and its a badge of honour to me......lol

Fair point. Let you have the last word. Don't want to fall out with people in Donegal. I am sure they are concentrating their efforts now on Sam!

naaaa Del, you want a yoke you can drive home legally......!:D

Thank you for the legal advice.

Thank you for the legal advice.

you're welcome, where do I send the invoice?:D

more bangers?

• Advertisement