Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

I know I'm breaking all the bangernomics rules here but these are lovely lovely cars

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3773604

500 squid for a complete gamble.

I thought a today fm sports presenter would drive a younger/fresher car..

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That's rough out, fifty shades of grey-ish blue

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That's rough out, fifty shades of grey-ish blue

Yea hence my gamble quote. Posted more out of loving that particular model of galant rather than a sound investment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

I know I'm breaking all the bangernomics rules here but these are lovely lovely cars

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3773604

500 squid for a complete gamble.

I thought a today fm sports presenter would drive a younger/fresher car..

Looks rough, but I love those shark nose galants..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

Full years NCT, 3 months tax, just serviced and 4 new tyres fitted, "low" mileage, all things considered not bad (except the reg) for €950

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The irony of not being able to spell stupid. :rolleyes:

love those cars though so haggle to be had If I had the dough. Seems to have had a detachable/detached tow bar. Incidentally I saw a woman in a 3 door Land Rover Evogue in Lahinch yesterday with a tow bar on a spanking new 12 reg. WHY WHY WHY? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Incidentally I saw a woman in a 3 door Land Rover Evogue in Lahinch yesterday with a tow bar on a spanking new 12 reg. WHY WHY WHY? :rolleyes:
    Next you'll be saying she thought about taking it off road :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Next you'll be saying she thought about taking it off road :eek:

Off road to her is probably getting within 10 mtrs of the beach. I see so many cars these days with tow bars on them and looking at their drivers and KNOWING some of them, they will never have a need for one.

But that's not Bangernomics talk so let's move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Retro Bangernomics with a hint (hint) of chic. 500 notes and it'll never lose you a penny. A good one of these will only go up in value. New test to boot. :)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3771114

View2-13633967.jpeg
    If I had the spare cash I'd pick that up for the other half to learn in. Looks like a great little motor!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,429 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Sleepy wrote: »
    If I had the spare cash I'd pick that up for the other half to learn in. Looks like a great little motor!

Not a bad idea. You could probably get classic insurance (€150 or so) on it in your own name as your second car with your other half as a named driver. Check it out!

• Advertisement

Can you get classic insurance on a 21 year old car? Thought it had to be over 30?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

Can you get classic insurance on a 21 year old car? Thought it had to be over 30?

some company's will insure car's 20 years or older as a classic (and one up north that take on some 15 year old cars) Vintage tax is still at 30 years

Tax is pretty low on something that small anyway... v. interesting.

Saving for a wedding at the moment so no spare funds but think something like that might work nicely as a "welcome back from the honeymoon" or "first married birthday" present ;)

Along the same lines: 9 months NCT and a FSH, sure you'd get it for €500

View2-13025508.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3646580

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Tax is pretty low on something that small anyway... v. interesting.

Saving for a wedding at the moment so no spare funds but think something like that might work nicely as a "welcome back from the honeymoon" or "first married birthday" present ;)

While it may seem like a nice surprise, don't go blindly down this road. It screams of a potential disaster. I think it would be a great car to learn to drive in, nice and raw with a real feal for whats happening, none of this overassisted steering etc... You may think the same, but your OH may look at and go WTF:mad:, I'm not getting in that thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

alias no.9 wrote: »
    You may think the same, but your OH may look at and go WTF:mad:, I'm not getting in that thing.
    I was thinking the same thing. Modern cars are a lot more refined and for most people easier to learn to drive pass a test in...

Showed the other half the 205 and she loved it. She's not the typical Irish girl: only thing she's driven to date was a Honda Fireblade that she took to Moscow in her late teens! In terms of cars, she tends to prefer older from a looks POV, particularly old Saabs. Where she would be typical though is that she'd want something that's a bright colour!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

langdang wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing. Modern cars are a lot more refined and for most people easier to learn to drive pass a test in...

Easier to drive certainly but they numb the feedback which is important for actually learning to drive, the lack of power steering in particular forces you to drive "correctly" for the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Easier to drive certainly but they numb the feedback which is important for actually learning to drive, the lack of power steering in particular forces you to drive "correctly" for the test.

You are correct, but for some people power steering is important, so are electric windows etc.

I learned to drive in little Seicento with no power steering, and when changed the car to the one with power steering, i missed the feedback from the wheels, and felt something was not right...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

One of my friends had one of those as his first car. It was just like this one, red 3dr and 1ltr but it also had a 4 speed gearbox. It was a grand car but it would have been better with a 5 speed box

• Advertisement

For the use any car she owned would get (pootling about the suburbs) I think a 5th gear would never be used anyway! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

E200 Merc for €1700 - looks clean
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3610111
    good value imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

cadaliac wrote: »
    E200 Merc for €1700 - looks clean
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3610111
    good value imo

Not bad , €1500 max. Leather seats look a bit iffy. Hint of minicab!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cgal093

andyseadog wrote: »
    Full years NCT, 3 months tax, just serviced and 4 new tyres fitted, "low" mileage, all things considered not bad (except the reg) for €950

Which County?

unkel wrote: »
    This thread has been disappointing for the last few weeks

Cool? Alainstrainor nearly bought one of those but thankfully he changed his mind and got a proper car

I shall end my post here without going into any rant or insult people (hopefully :))

Girls car!!!

Nice Alfa 156 for Alfa fans!

Personalised Reg plate!!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3651990

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

Nice Alfa 156 for Alfa fans!

Personalised Reg plate!!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3651990

Gotta love who's selling that one... Mike Hunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

• Advertisement

Saab Ed wrote: »

Saab Ed,

Nice one!!

This dealership turns up some nice cars

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement