Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cgal093

Very clean looking Audi A6 with NCT and some tax for €1550

View2-13682990.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3781290

Nice low mileage SEAT Arosa with NCT and tax until next year for €1k

View2-13682798.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3781242

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bud1970

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Retro Bangernomics with a hint (hint) of chic. 500 notes and it'll never lose you a penny. A good one of these will only go up in value. New test to boot. :)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3771114

View2-13633967.jpeg

mysteriously went up to 750??? Hmmmmmmmmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

bud1970 wrote: »
    mysteriously went up to 750??? Hmmmmmmmmmm....

Sure they're all ringin me she must be worth moore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

I'm selling this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

<Ollie> wrote: »
    I'm selling this.

NCT is up in 3 weeeks, did you take it there for a test already ?

bijapos wrote: »
    NCT is up in 3 weeeks, did you take it there for a test already ?

No, that's why I'm selling it. The airbag light is on, and would prefer to leave it to someone else, hence the price. :)

I needed a diesel as I'm now doing higher mileage, so was time for a change anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

No, that's why I'm selling it. The airbag light is on, and would prefer to leave it to someone else, hence the price. :)

I needed a diesel as I'm now doing higher mileage, so was time for a change anyway.

A fresh NCT would double the asking price you know? Why not run it through to see what it fails on? There could be a couple of hundred in it for you if you did.

166man wrote: »
    A fresh NCT would double the asking price you know? Why not run it through to see what it fails on? There could be a couple of hundred in it for you if you did.

Might not be a bad idea, cheers.

But it'll surely fail on the airbag light? My mechanic put it through the diagnostic but no fault showed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cgal093

Still worth putting it trough and getting the fail sheet. Most people would buy a car with an NCT fail sheet rather than a car that hasn't been through at all

• Advertisement

cgal093 wrote: »
    Still worth putting it trough and getting the fail sheet. Most people would buy a car with an NCT fail sheet rather than a car that hasn't been through at all

Cheers cgal. Probably should have done this alright. Might consider doing it this week now.

Might not be a bad idea, cheers.

But it'll surely fail on the airbag light? My mechanic put it through the diagnostic but no fault showed up.

Yeah, a quick look on donedeal shows them going for between €1250 and €2250. If you hit the midpoint of that at around €1600 then you'd be doing very well. I'm no mechanic so can't comment on the airbag light being on and how to fix it but a decent indy mechanic should be able to sort it.

I'd run it through the NCT and see what it fails on. The see if it's worth your while.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,429 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Saab Ed wrote: »
    A little chancy with short test, big clock and 750 quid. A good going over and after that, if its a good one, offer 500 quid and take it home.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3733548

View2-13536957.jpeg

He says "any test welcome"

Why doesn't he put it through THE test? Could be all sorts of genuine reasons for it, but as a buyer I would move on to the next car. Plenty of fish...

unkel wrote: »
    He says "any test welcome"

Why doesn't he put it through THE test? Could be all sorts of genuine reasons for it, but as a buyer I would move on to the next car. Plenty of fish...

It doesn't say no test though. Maybe it does have an NCT but he never mentioned it?

If I was buying a 2001 Saab, it wouldn't be the tractor 2.2 diesel, it'd be the more refined petrol.

It doesn't say no test though. Maybe it does have an NCT but he never mentioned it?

If I was buying a 2001 Saab, it wouldn't be the tractor 2.2 diesel, it'd be the more refined petrol.

If I was selling a 2001 Saab, the first thing I'd be mentioning would be a NCT of some description. ;)

You lads not read the ad? ;)

The car has NCT until 10/12. You can do the test 3 months early...

Nahh I'm too cool to read the ad...:pac:

Sorry, I missed that. But in fairness, hardly anyone does the test early.

in fairness, hardly anyone does the test early.

If you want to sell your car and not lose out on a lot of money, you do the test early. Simples :)

I went out of my way last year to get an NCT done on the very last day (31/05/11) that you'd still get a 2 year test on a 10 year or older car. Sold the 12 year old car quickly (for very good money) with a 27 month test :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Sorry, I missed that. But in fairness, hardly anyone does the test early.

I did. Like most things in life, I failed at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3774829

S40 with NCT till 05/13 for 650E. Looks clean, but don't like those windows...Bit to dark for me...
    Still - could be a bargain.

A bargain for sure! But personally I'm not that keen on a dreary Mitsubishi Carisma (:rolleyes:) badged as a Volvo...

I'd rather a Ford Focus badged as a Volvo, especially a C30

2010-Volvo-C30-widescreen-10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

A bargain for sure! But personally I'm not that keen on a dreary Mitsubishi Carisma (:rolleyes:) badged as a Volvo...

I'd rather a Ford Focus badged as a Volvo, especially a C30

2010-Volvo-C30-widescreen-10.jpg

This?

307ogzs.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Any Feedback please. Thought the Alfa looked good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

new engine hhhmmmm :cool: cool car all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I'm selling this.

There's 160k on it and it's a 1.6. Don't bother trying to test it wasting money on it, it's worth a grand tops with a test. Hold out for your 600 or close to it and let the next fella worry about it.

There's 160k on it and it's a 1.6. Don't bother trying to test it wasting money on it, it's worth a grand tops with a test. Hold out for your 600 or close to it and let the next fella worry about it.

Decent examples of the car are going for about €1500. If he spends €50 on NCT then a further couple of hundred on fixing what's wrong with it could sell for €1250 putting €500 in his own pocket. Makes sense IMO.

Also mileage aside some would regard the 1.6 as better than the 1.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Big estate Taxed and Tested till 2013 asking less than 700 snots but open to offers.

$(KGrHqN,!jUE+u!eqJ+uBQMJ(!ELL!~~48_20.JPG

166man wrote: »
    Decent examples of the car are going for about €1500. If he spends €50 on NCT then a further couple of hundred on fixing what's wrong with it could sell for €1250 putting €500 in his own pocket. Makes sense IMO.

Also mileage aside some would regard the 1.6 as better than the 1.4.

I reckon if I had the car fixed up I'd be lucky to get €1000. A dealer is selling this for a grand. It's the saloon, but still. It's cleaner than mine (I have a nasty scrape on the rear door).

My mechanic couldn't find the airbag problem (checked sensors etc.). Maybe the next guy will get lucky. :)

The speed sensor is a cheap fix, but very tight space to work on and the pin is a bit of a pain. Don't fancy chancing it myself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOVAj8ED0kk

Think I'd be better off letting it go for €500. Have had it five years and very little trouble. Car owes me nothing.

• Advertisement

I reckon if I had the car fixed up I'd be lucky to get €1000. A dealer is selling this for a grand. It's the saloon, but still. It's cleaner than mine (I have a nasty scrape on the rear door).

My mechanic couldn't find the airbag problem (checked sensors etc.). Maybe the next guy will get lucky. :)

The speed sensor is a cheap fix, but very tight space to work on and the pin is a bit of a pain. Don't fancy chancing it myself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOVAj8ED0kk

Think I'd be better off letting it go for €500. Have had it five years and very little trouble. Car owes me nothing.

Fair enough then. I guess €1k is probably more likely so looking at it again it probably doesn't make much sense for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement