Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

hmm, might go have a look at this one myself. €1175

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2700745

Full?id=8645325

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Destroyed by the Cavan Reg, Its kinda like having snow tyres in Kenya. All wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Top Dog wrote: »
    Posted in this thread previously - check :P

Way too expensive - check
    Still unsold after a month - check
    Can get a much nicer / newer / more modern / safer / lower mileage / better specced car for the same money - check

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Just found this little beauty. I would nearly buy it myself. :)

Full?id=9527607

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Lexus GS300 '97 117k miles NCT 06/2012 €550

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2603173

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

^^^^^for 550 you cant go wrong for a bit of luxury driving there
    View2-8244049.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Mazda Xedos 6 auto '96 NCT 01/2013 asking €700

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2808850

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

ongarite wrote: »
    01 406 Coupe diesel with high spec for €1600 (always loved the look of these cars)

Nice looking car alright but the rear seats always remind me of toilets...

Full?id=8003235

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

colm_mcm wrote: »

those photos are taken just around the corner from my house :pac: thats a caravan park in Arklow :)

not terribly relevant i know...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Drivers seat looks a bit shabby for a 43k car? Maybe the Alfa seats don't wear that well?
    Or maybe just a poor pic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

Another 156, NCT 9/12, leather & all the important bits serviced recently for €1500.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2907975
    Full?id=9524951

I hate adds that don't detail the mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Another 156, NCT 9/12, leather & all the important bits serviced recently for €1500.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2907975
    Full?id=9524951

That is a beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Drivers seat looks a bit shabby for a 43k car? Maybe the Alfa seats don't wear that well?

And that's KM and not Miles ....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

CJhaughey wrote: »

The 156 came with at least two different cloth options. One was a corduroy like material which was very comfy and wore quite well. The one I had was a much thinner and smoother feeling fabric, which looks sort of like the one in that photo. It didn't wear well at all - very prone to tearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

Willard wrote: »
    I bought my push bike for €1200 and my car for €1600.. So the bike, the bike rack & a tank of fuel doubles the value of the car with that logic smile.gif

I bought my bike for 300 euro and and my car for 150 :) (the bike might be bigger though

http://www.adverts.ie/car/fiat/marea/2001-fiat-marea-for-sale/1264043
    fiat marea with tax and test for 850,
    be good if there was haggling room.
    had one of these a while ago and was impressed with it, seemed to be better built than a simular vintage bravo I had, (not as much shared as you think between them)

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

Not a car for sale, but one I actually bought for some cheap ass motoring.

Got this car during the summer time for free and started driving it last month ;)

Photo0004.jpg

Its a 98 Megane 1.4 8 valve, about as simple and as straight forward as possible.

The timing belt tensioner had collapsed and 4 inlet valves were bent. Got new valves off ebay, an new head gasket and a TB kit, all for a whopping €70 :eek:

Put it all together in a few eveings and I was on the road for just €70, (not counting my insurance which you have to pay on any car)

Its taxed and tested for a while and does 40mpg (which I was surprised about) when driving it normally. 3000 miles later and all I have spent on the car is €11 on new plugs. Might need tyres soon, but 13s are cheap and maybe a wheel bearing on the rear depending on the increase in decibel level. Servicing is cheap as anything too, 4 quid for an oil filter and standard 10/40 at €2.50 a liter. (bought in bulk though :rolleyes:)

Nice an comfortable and, hopefully, moderatly reliable old jammer.

Also being a french car with single point injection, it will run on poor quality fuel too, so the more people who fill their diesels to the gills with petrol the better, great whenever I can get it

That has to be proper Bagnernomics! and it certianly beats my Amazon or XJ6 for low cost motoring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

cadaliac wrote: »
    And that's KM and not Miles ....:confused:

Between the seat wear, and the mileage description, that car seems very dodgy
    The mileage is down in the advert as 43,000 miles
    The speedo says 48,800, not 43,000 and it's kms as you pointed out
    So the seats have that much wear after not even 30,000 miles?? Hmmm:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Don't think this has been posted yet - if my wife would drive it I'd ring about it myself. :o

€280! :eek:

Full?id=9526551

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2908371

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Top Dog wrote: »
    Don't think this has been posted yet - if my wife would drive it I'd ring about it myself. :o

€280! :eek:

Full?id=9526551

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2908371

I know it's tiny money but why oh why post pictures on your ad taken in the dark ? Surely a big no no when trying to sell a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Wouldn't touch the petrol 75s, they are absolutely unreal to go through head gaskets and the majority of them that have it replaced after it are not done right so they go through another one a few thousand miles down the road. Even if you were dead set on a petrol one I wouldn't bother with a basic spec one like that, the ones with all the trimmings go for about the same price. If it were my money I'd put a bit extra to it and get a good diesel one.

Wouldn't touch the petrol 75s, they are absolutely unreal to go through head gaskets and the majority of them that have it replaced after it are not done right so they go through another one a few thousand miles down the road. Even if you were dead set on a petrol one I wouldn't bother with a basic spec one like that, the ones with all the trimmings go for about the same price. If it were my money I'd put a bit extra to it and get a good diesel one.

..... are you referring to all petrol 75s or just K4 ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

RoverJames wrote: »
    ..... are you referring to all petrol 75s or just K4 ones?

Think he just means the 1.8s.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

BMW 323ci with NCT 7/12 for €1650

Just sold my GTi during the week, that's verrrry tempting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Just sold my GTi during the week, that's verrrry tempting.

No point. Better to get a 325. Same tax and insurance, more power, less desirable in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Confab wrote: »
    No point. Better to get a 325. Same tax and insurance, more power, less desirable in Ireland.

You won't find many 325ci with 6 months test & 115k miles for sale with an asking price of €1650 though :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement