Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

MidlandsM wrote: »
    i often do, and I don't post yokes for the sake of posting yokes......:p

The barelygo looked like a grand yoke actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

quite a lot of scrap there...........:confused: :pac:

All of them adhere to this bangernomics idea so not sure what you're complaining about. What do you expect for circa €700?

dgt wrote: »

Dayyyyysel too :) needs a turbo
    Full-14381295.jpeg...............
    166man wrote: »
    All of them adhere to this bangernomics idea so not sure what you're complaining about. What do you expect for circa €700?

A car in need of a turbo doesn't to be fair.

For circa €700 I'd expect something that needs little or nothing done to it in the short term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

RoverJames wrote: »

For circa €700 I'd expect something that needs little or nothing done to it in the short term.

The test and fuel is what caught my eye. Would be handy for someone if they had another one that was stuffed or a turbo for it.

A recon turbo is almost the value of the asking price if I may be honest....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,959 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

P:eek::p
    -Corkie- wrote: »
    What a beautiful machine, I love them.
    Thirsty but reliable once maintained properly. Looking around mid 30s in mpg. Make sure the electrics are working properly. Facelifted ones (D9's) can give a bit of electrical bother in the form of the BSI, not a difficult task to fix.

The real person to ask is Row, he has had a lot more experience with them than I've had :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

totally, like that carisma is scrap.......out and out.........there's no bangernomic credibility posting shyte like that. Thats my point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

totally, like that carisma is scrap.......out and out.........there's no bangernomic credibility posting shyte like that. Thats my point.

You sure are enjoying kicking me when I'm down

So what, I ballsed up, I put my hands up and admitted it. We all make mistakes. Well, most of us :rolleyes:

Or maybe, just maybe, someone out there has another one they crashed and have the oppertunity of making a good un of the 2? Did anyone think of that?

Its no use to the average joe soap out there who hasn't the knowhow, finances or tools to fix it. End of.

Either way, I've had enough of this stupid tantrum. I'll still keep putting up stuff regardless. I'm fairly dissappointed it's gone to this level

So put up, shut up and post some bangers up :)

tantrum??? ehhhhhhhhhh.............?

ahhhhhhh, right, I get it, you're the one having a tantrum.......ok,

calm down love.......you're really not up to this are you?

You sure are enjoying kicking me when I'm down............

I was replying to 166man's claim all your suggestions were bangernomics criteria :)
    No one is kicking you or anyone else for that matter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Or maybe, just maybe, someone out there has another one they crashed and have the oppertunity of making a good un of the 2? Did anyone think of that?

I have a 1.25 fiesta that needs bits, might have a look. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

colm_mcm wrote: »

That must be the rare limited edition Ka-lto :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Tax & Test.
    Belt done.
    Diesel.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3993266

View2-14689134.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Worth a look for someone.
    Very clean. Plenty of Test.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3994229

View2-14694069.jpeg

tantrum??? ehhhhhhhhhh.............?

ahhhhhhh, right, I get it, you're the one having a tantrum.......ok,

calm down love.......you're really not up to this are you?

You claimed that quite a lot of the car's he posted were scrap. One of them might be but it might suit somebody. The four other suggestions seem like fine bangernomics to me. If you don't like what bangers he posts go find some yourself. :P

Edit: That carisma is down to €500. It seems to have a fair bit of new work to it and a relatively long NCT. A recon turbo put into that would probably keep it going for another few years and doing it economically too. It's bangernomics then IMO.

If you don't like what bangers he posts go find some yourself. :P

often do, and post them here........you blind?

and ohhh, i'm entitled to express my opinion........:pac: ......and will continue to do so

often do, and post them here........you blind?

and ohhh, i'm entitled to express my opinion........:pac: ......and will continue to do so

You are entitled to your opinion of course and you often do post very good bangers around these parts, however as far as I can see other than the turbo needing done in the Carisma, there's not much else wrong with the others on paper, so IMO, it's wrong that you brand it all as being scrap. :)

it's wrong that you brand it all as being scrap. :)

ok, I'll not call them scrap then, how about muck?

W123-80's wrote: »
    Tax & Test.
    Belt done.
    Diesel.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3993266

View2-14689134.jpeg

thats a nice french bargain, but i'd be plugging in my OBD scanner prior to purchase.......

• Advertisement

ok, I'll not call them scrap then, how about muck?

Muck? You're just being childish now, they're all decent bangers for the money that's being asked, which is kind of the idea right?

The 406 for example has a 12 months NCT and tax until the end of the month. It's had a recent timing belt and it looks like alot of '03 car for the money. It's hardly muck.

Junk?

ah Jaysus lads, can we just stick to posting nice cheap cars?

I totally concur colm mcm....

more daycent frenchness

seems/reads like an honest vendor!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3968091

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Accord Type R (euro R???) €1000 in need of drop link and wheel bearing apparently..gotta love the recession I was looking at these 4 years ago and they were mental money :)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3992327

View2-14684787.jpeg

There was a guy working for JATO who used to compile spec lists for different models, used to come to the garage to look at different models, had a black accord type R like that one, always was jealous of him having one :)

............ (euro R???) .........

afaik the EuroR ones were the JDM looking type :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Accord Type R (euro R???) €1000 in need of drop link and wheel bearing apparently..gotta love the recession I was looking at these 4 years ago and they were mental money :)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3992327

View2-14684787.jpeg

if that would be arund cork i would be almost tempted to have a look at it. i really like these.

There was one as a taxi going around Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

afaik the EuroR ones were the JDM looking type :pac:

my mate had a 00 one and yeah the lights etc did look different..if thats all thats wrong with it its a bargain at that money.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement