Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

unkel wrote: »
    If that had hydractive and I'd be in the market, I'd be very, very tempted :)

Very few of them have the hydropneumatic suspension, don't they? Such a pity...

yeah, rare .......and its a pity....such a good suspension on irish roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

If that had hydractive and I'd be in the market, I'd be very, very tempted :)

Very few of them have the hydropneumatic suspension, don't they? Such a pity...

All of the original C5 have hydropneumatic suspension IIRC, its the current model that uses steel on low rent models.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Bit of Tax.
    Plenty of test.
    Leather.
    Auto.
    Reasonable miles.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3979304

View2-14624823.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,429 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

alias no.9 wrote: »
    All of the original C5 have hydropneumatic suspension IIRC

I've a strong suspicion you're mistaken here. I once (briefly) considered getting a C5 (about 6 years ago or so) and I was put off that none of the lower end petrols had it. But maybe a Citroen expert can clarify? :)

I wouldn't be a big fan of these myself. But it's got low miles, auto box, a decent spec and a new NCT.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3945488

View2-14455912.jpeg

• Advertisement

Last one for today.!

Small bit of test.
    Recent T/B.
    Reasonable milage.
    Decent spec.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3666048

View2-13119088.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

I've a strong suspicion you're mistaken here. I once (briefly) considered getting a C5 (about 6 years ago or so) and I was put off that none of the lower end petrols had it. But maybe a Citroen expert can clarify? :)

the first version of C5 had the hydraulic suspension only on the 2.0 petrol models, 2.2 diesel and the V6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

fl4pj4ck wrote: »

the first version of C5 had the hydraulic suspension only on the 2.0 petrol models, 2.2 diesel and the V6.

That's wrong. All MK1 C5s had hydraulic suspension. Petrol and diesel, regardless of spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

fl4pj4ck wrote: »

it must have been at least an option on the 1.8 petrol because I've been in one with it fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

Alfa, new nct, 500 squid, recent t/b, spare st off wheels.:D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3934949

• Advertisement

Mint early Punto, nct 11/13, bargain at 600 squid

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4023941

kermitpwee wrote: »
    Alfa, new nct, 500 squid, recent t/b, spare st off wheels.:D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3934949

Advertised a few weeks ago with a fan issue, quite likely got cooked imo.

RoverJames wrote: »

Aaragha ****e!

Saab Ed wrote: »
    That's wrong. All MK1 C5s had hydraulic suspension. Petrol and diesel, regardless of spec.

Cheers for confirming Alias' point - it puts a late Mk1 C5 straight onto the shortlist for my next bangernomics car :D

New nct into 2014, 7 series 3.5,
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3888180

kermitpwee wrote: »
    New nct into 2014, 7 series 3.5,
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3888180

What a deal. Nothing there to worry about. Pay your tax and drive like a luxobangernomics boss :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

RoverJames wrote: »

+1. That's a HG and potentially broken oil rings. I wonder who posted it the 1st time.... :(

Still, that's the 3rd time it's up, each time with a different price!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I hate to think what the running cost for a heavy 3.5 litre would be...

A hell of a lot of car for the money if everything checks out though. Would definitely want to see some service history on it, parts could be very expensive on something like that!

Sleepy wrote: »
    I hate to think what the running cost for a heavy 3.5 litre would be...!

Motor tax €1,683, insurance cheap, maintenance cheap (get a well sorted car and there is no maintenance except your annual service), petrol 15-30MPG (depends on your driving style / commute / etc.)

Lazy big petrol V8, sound autobox, really nothing to go wrong compared to a modern highly strung (diesel) little sh1tbox

I owned a 735 V8 for 5 years. Before that a 530 V8 for 3 years. No big bills at all on either except a suspension job on the 735 after 11 years and 140k miles (any car would need serious suspension work after that)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

A hell of a lot of car for the money if everything checks out though. Would definitely want to see some service history on it, parts could be very expensive on something like that!

then its not for you??!?!?!? A history would be a bonus......but if its not present, well fcuk it, its down to a level of money where you can't expect everything......

so, its not for you......but it'd be for most savvy bangernom's

• Advertisement

dgt wrote: »
    ....... I wonder who posted it the 1st time.... :(...........

'twas you me thinks :p

For me 'twould be a case of if it appeared sound, buy it, oil change maybe and run it for a year with the fingers crossed and get a few hundred back next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

MidlandsM wrote: »
    then its not for you??!?!?!? A history would be a bonus......but if its not present, well fcuk it, its down to a level of money where you can't expect everything......

so, its not for you......but it'd be for most savvy bangernom's
    Wasn't criticising it as a Bangernomics car, just one that'd be outside of what I could afford to run given the Tax & petrol consumption. Surprised to hear it's cheap to insure but then again, the demographic that'd tend to drive (middle aged men) would be a safe bet insurance wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Motor tax €1,683, insurance cheap, maintenance cheap (get a well sorted car and there is no maintenance except your annual service), petrol 15-30MPG (depends on your driving style / commute / etc.)
    QUOTE]

or €1900 per year for TAX if you pay every three months, (@€;475) which is more than likely, when dealing with a bangernomics car.

So in your first year of ownership, you pay an extra 90% of the value of the car, provided he let you off the €150 on top of the purchase price ....:confused:

Fcuking country....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Wasn't that 7er up for €1450 last week?

At that price mine is just not worth selling - I think I'll put it in to storage until it is eligible for classic tax. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

cadaliac wrote: »
    QUOTE]

or €1900 per year for TAX if you pay every three months, (@€;475) which is more than likely, when dealing with a bangernomics car.

So in your first year of ownership, you pay an extra 90% of the value of the car, provided he let you off the €150 on top of the purchase price ....:confused:

At that money I'd just drive the thing until the cops seize it :pac: :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

cadaliac wrote: »

Lets be honest though, it's that cheap because of the tax system. If the tax system changed to make these cars affordable prices would go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

might enquire about that 7series over the weekend if I get a chance -looks nice, very nice and im in need of a replacement car at the moment

Blue Punto wrote: »

It's getting there :)

Nearly all the 10 year old S60s posted here in the past year were high mileage / 2k. Not worth it.

Now finally one with low mileage and going down towards 1k. Worth it!

On my list too :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

Another curious machine:

Not sure how well Nikolas minded the quattro system, or how many times the clock was wound back, or why it has Katanas, but it looks pretty straight and the money is small.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4012137

View2-14782475.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement