Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

W123-80's wrote: »

I'd say clutch is fcuked...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Thats being generous! I had one..the cig lighter socket was an optional extra :rolleyes:..I kid you not FFS.

Still have nigtmares about that ball of ****e.:p

Sure it wasn't a No cost option? Most cars come with them as an NCO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

think I'd rather walk.........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Sure it wasn't a No cost option? Most cars come with them as an NCO.

Not sure to be honest as it was 10 years old when I had it!

It had a blanking plate where it should have been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Did Michael J Fox take the photos?

View2-9734421.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

zapata wrote: »

Good Spot.!

What is interesting about that advert is that it was supposedly garaged for 8 years. Tax & NCT both ran out in '04, yet the insurance disc is from '07..!
    Tut Tut..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

jharr100 wrote: »
    Bought it tonight..

Drove from Ennis to Cork City,
    Its like new inside and out,
    an absolute credit to it previous keeper,

What a bargain, I didn't have the heart to haggle!

Great buy, Drove one of these for years. Great car and will get decent MPG outta that 1.8, mine was nearly identical to this. Their a VDI engine (Mitsubishi unit) Keep an eye on the oil every now n then. And the valves in mine choked up periodically which was a common issue, helped a lot to give her a bit of lint up the motorway when you get the chance. (you'll know if it'll do this if the engine ticks when running sounding like tappets, but its no biggie)

Real Comfort Wagon. Well wear :)

Thanks!
    Though this is the Volvo 1783cc unit.
    They seem like a reliable enough lump all the same?
    And mid 30's mpg I believe ... Which I can live with..

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Carstuck

03 Mondeo, 100k miles, NCT 2012, €2k

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2914936

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Carstuck wrote: »
    03 Mondeo, 100k miles, NCT 2012, €2k

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2914936

Looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

that company with the mondeo seem to have a couple of cars in that price bracket sure i saw an avensis a 1.9 diesel for 1999

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ongarite wrote: »
    Pug 205 GTI, NCT 8/12 for €1650. Great car and qualifies for classic insurance.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2791089

Together with these would be great:

Nice little motor, but do I read between the lines that it currently doesn't actually have an NCT? The owner should become a politician :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

unkel wrote: »
    Nice little motor, but do I read between the lines that it currently doesn't actually have an NCT? The owner should become a politician :D

Bahahaha brilliant:D

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

It says on add title nct 08/12 he must just have changed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

Alfa 156 2.4 diesel, very high spec and looks spotless but needs VRT:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2957815
    Full-9750144.jpeg

Fiesta Zetec-S:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2949824
    Full-9715192.jpeg

2 Ford Puma's, NCT 6/12 for both, same price:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2953111
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2922341

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Should the zetec s have clear front indicators?

Top fun car, traded one in from a 50 something a few years back gainst a yaris, dunno what she was doing with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

In July 2010 the car would have got a 2 year NCT. And all the older cars have an even anniversary!

maidhc wrote: »
    In July 2010 the car would have got a 2 year NCT.

Not all cars are NCTd when they are due ;)

My own car was NCTd at the end of August but is due again next May...

I'll put it through at the end of this month :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Not all cars are NCTd when they are due ;)

My own car was NCTd at the end of August but is due again next May...

I'll put it through at the end of this month :D

But that is illegal! :)

I didn't see the comment above, and what I was saying (clumsily) is that the car was due in 2010 as 2010 would be the NCT year back then for 1989 car. If it had been NCTed in 2011, then it would have only got 1 year, and obviously from now on it will need a yearly NCT anyway.

My curiosity with NCT dates is not an idle one, but a "discussion" I am currently having with the dept on whether a car registered in 2002 should get a 1 year or a 2 year NCT, where the NCT due date predates the date of first registration. If I am successful i will get either an additional 2 weeks or 12 months NCT! :D

• Advertisement

where the NCT due date predates the date of first registration.

How can that happen? Due date should always be on the anniversary of the first registration, no? Or is it a recent import maybe?

If your case is correct, your car is not technically 10 years old (since first registration) so you should get 2 years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I didn't see the comment above, and what I was saying (clumsily) is that the car was due in 2010 as 2010 would be the NCT year back then for 1989 car. If it had been NCTed in 2011, then it would have only got 1 year, and obviously from now on it will need a yearly NCT anyway.

My curiosity with NCT dates is not an idle one, but a "discussion" I am currently having with the dept on whether a car registered in 2002 should get a 1 year or a 2 year NCT, where the NCT due date predates the date of first registration. If I am successful i will get either an additional 2 weeks or 12 months NCT! :D

Nope, its not illegal if you sign up for a test and then keep re-scheduling it. That's what I've done. You're paying for the same period either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Nope, its not illegal if you sign up for a test and then keep re-scheduling it. That's what I've done. You're paying for the same period either way.

Are you sure it's not illegal?
    I was under impression that it is illegal to drive a car with no NCT - doesn't matter that you have booked the NCT, you still don't have a valid cert in the window.

Will Garda let you away with it if they stop you? They most likely will as you have a proof that you've booked the NCT.

*Don't know what the law is - I could be totally wrong here...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

but43r wrote: »
    I was under impression that it is illegal to drive a car with no NCT - doesn't matter that you have booked the NCT, you still don't have a valid cert in the window.

Will Garda let you away with it if they stop you? They most likely will as you have a proof that you've booked the NCT.

+1

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

An Ri rua wrote: »

why keep re-scheduling? Fair enough if you have genuine reason for missing a scheduled test, but to keep putting it off, thats the part i don't get. :confused:
    and this "paying for the same period", why not just get the car through and be done with it?

(apologies for going OT)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

tc20 wrote: »
    why keep re-scheduling? Fair enough if you have genuine reason for missing a scheduled test, but to keep putting it off, thats the part i don't get. :confused:
    and this "paying for the same period", why not just get the car through and be done with it?

(apologies for going OT)

Maybe the car won't pass the test and it suits the owner for this time period.
    I know two people doing this with cars that aren't worth repairing for the test. Suits them perfectly well.

.....less chatter, more cheap jammers!

http://www.donedeal.ie/find/all/for-sale/Ireland/ls400

if there's no nct on her, he can fcuk right off........lol ..........and he needs to drop his asking.....

still, love em'

Full-9757796.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I,m interested in how you get on with this as I'm in the same position. I'm not making much headway with my query regarding my test date 18/4/2012 and its UK first date of reg 29/09/2002 which puts it clearly 7 months inside the 10 yr. rule.
    All they will say is any 10 year old car tested post 1st June 2011 and tested 2012 irrespective of the month of reg. will only get a one year cert.
    Other than discussing it with NCT I don't know if Citizens Advice, the Ombudsman or any other body in authority could play any part in clarifiing the situation.
    I know I could go down the solicitor/legal route, but I don't think it's worth my while.

lads, can ye post more cheap cars.........? and pm each other the chit-chat ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭v240gltse

right back on track

bmw 523i

for 750e , what needs to be checked with this model/year ????

brendan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement