Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

If I didn't have every penny I earn tied up at the moment, I'd be trying to buy this right now.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4607654

View2-17719155.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Saab Ed wrote: »

That Saab is anything but mundane.... Fantastic find although I reckon it might have made an appearance in here before...:D

Those are my favourite wheels apart from teledials too...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Right, enough mundane shiote ....

Right on! :D

Would love to own that Jag!

Look what happens when the Toyota marketing people get a hold of the glue ....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4607329

View2-17717584.jpeg

That said, it'll probably leave a Kia Sportage for dead cross a field or up a snowy road :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

View2-17717584.jpeg

That said, it'll probably leave a Kia Sportage for dead cross a field or up a snowy road :D

The front looks like a startlet raised a good foot and a half:pac:

Edit: I'm an idiot and should learn to read..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That is class!

Will be worth big money in a few years I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

View2-17717584.jpeg

That ''thing'' is the single worst looking yoke ever to grace this thread apart from a CityRover IMO of course.

Car's that you'd buy AND drive while being seen there Ed...:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

166man wrote: »
    That ''thing'' is the single worst looking yoke ever to grace this thread apart from a CityRover IMO of course.

Car's that you'd buy AND drive while being seen there Ed...:pac::D

Will ye two ever stop throwing digs?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭HiKite

I immediately checked my bank account when I saw that Saab. I am so tempted to spend my E30 diesel conversion funds on it but I want to finish the project asap. It's in Sligo and everything! The idea/justification would be to have the Saab as the family car and the E30 as my go-cart :D I'll be on the hunt for one of these in a month or 2, when they're scarce :(

Here's a Mondeo, which could be bought for less that the asking price, I'd say: http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4608505
    166man wrote: »
    That Saab is anything but mundane.... Fantastic find although I reckon it might have made an appearance in here before...:D

Those are my favourite wheels apart from teledials too...:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

View2-17717584.jpeg

SOLD!!

Come on, who did it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

mik_da_man wrote: »
    SOLD!!

I would have !

HiKite wrote: »
    I'll be on the hunt for one of these in a month or 2, when they're scarce :(

Don't worry, they'll never be scarce. Most owners are trying to sell them and buying a smaller diesel car. There's only a few eejits around (like some of us on this thread) buying a Saab 9-5 :D

mik_da_man wrote: »
    SOLD!!

I didn't ..... honest :o:P

No really, I didn't. Now stop looking at me that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

If I didn't have every penny I earn tied up at the moment, I'd be trying to buy this right now.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4607654

View2-17719155.jpeg

it does not compare with my 96 vitara 2ltd, with the mazda bomb proof engine.

flutered wrote: »
    it does not compare with my 96 vitara 2ltd, with the mazda bomb proof engine.

Not my thing. SWB is a bit quirky and getting rare now. Touch of cool to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

NCT till Aug, 1750

Yummmmy!!!
    Full-17713051.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Love the red carpets :cool:

But the fuel consumption would make your eyes water:(

LPG I suppose if you live near a filling station....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Feck :mad:

Woulda bought that starlet in a heartbeat if i'd spotted it :mad:

Yummy it ain't , those aftermarket light protectors / bull bar thingies look ridiculous

That said, a spectacular bargain it is! Might be wrong here, but I think that is a BMW V8 too in there!!!

I would just love to buy it for 1/100th of what the original owner spa bought it for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I live closer to an LPG place than a petrol station.
    Definitely an option for me in a couple of years if I'm still around the area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I genuinely would ditch the 406 for that if finances permitted! And I really like my 406... :o

CianRyan wrote: »
    I live closer to an LPG place than a petrol station.
    Definitely an option for me in a couple of years if I'm still around the area.

Sounds like a plan! Plenty of space for a gas installation and with a light enough foot you'd only pay the same in fuel as what a typical 2l family size petrol car would cost (12MPG LPG vs 27MPG petrol or so - ish)

unkel wrote: »
    .............but I think that is a BMW V8 too in there!!!

It's the GM V8 that Rover used for years and years and years and years and more years. So it's essentially The Rover V8 :)

....NCTd until April btw, probably saw an NCT centre recently enough in terms of miles sometime in early 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Yummy it ain't , those aftermarket light protectors / bull bar pedestrian slicer thingies look ridiculous
    FYP. Should be illegal (if they are not all ready)....

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Sounds like a plan! Plenty of space for a gas installation and with a light enough foot you'd only pay the same in fuel as what a typical 2l family size petrol car would cost (12MPG LPG vs 27MPG petrol or so - ish)

Lexus V8 as an economical daily driver, sounds like a great plan. :D

RoverJames wrote: »
    It's the GM V8 that Rover used for years and years and years and years and more years. So it's essentially The Rover V8 :)

Ah you're right! I think I got mixed up with my engines. That's the older generation RR isn't it? Using the old skool BMW diesel straight 6 and the Rover petrol V8? The newer generation used the BMW M62 V8 (what an engine :D) and the new common rail BMW diesels

...........The newer generation used the BMW M62 V8 (what an engine :D) and the new common rail BMW diesels

Indeed, the BMW is 4.4 iirc.

A Jag V8 also powered later RRs.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Lexus V8 as an economical daily driver, sounds like a great plan. :D

It's realistic too - do your sums!

Matt Simis around here has been converting his big engined petrol cars for years and he does serious mileage

Far more common in some countries on the continent (as LPG has been much wider available for a long time and of course has been a lot cheaper than petrol)

Best mate coverted his Alfa GTV V6 to LPG and the installation was fully paid back within 6 months (not in this country)

If my mileage was a little bit more than the 6k or so I am doing now, I'd convert my 9-5 tomorrow. But apologies for going off-topic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm not a Panda fan but this seems pretty good.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4585206
    http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/fiat/panda/hatchback-2004-2011/review

2004 fiat panda
    1999 euro

56K miles
    timing belt done 10k ago
    nct till 30-05-2014.

View2-17618338.jpeg

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    1999 euro

And now already down to 1750 euro. Seriously cheap car to own!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement