Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Nope. Prestige is what the estate version was called in Ireland, but only the Mark 2. It was confusing I know. Sports Tourer was the denomination in the U.K.
    Seriously? So how did they differentiate between the different trim levels? They hardly all came with full leather etc :confused:

Ours was a UK import (brought it over myself) which was why I thought they were all Sport Tourers. 1.9 dCI Dynamique Sports Tourer - what a mouthfull! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

this alarms me:
    "WILL BREAK IF ENOUGH ENQUIRESTHE BODY OF THIS CAR IS EXCEPTIONAL
    INSIDE IS IMMACULATE "

they basically say - well everything about the car is great accept the engine and gearbox....

And, these cars are well known for soft gearboxes. I'll bet the box is fooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

I had one also 2001 and it broke me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Top Dog wrote: »
    Seriously? So how did they differentiate between the different trim levels? They hardly all came with full leather etc :confused

Entry level in the prestige (estate) was the Sport followed by the higher spec Super Sport. To add to the confusion they then added a middle spec version called Sport Plus.

Even more confusing was the use of the regular spec level naming for the entry level hatchback which for some reason was called the Autentique!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

How the hell can they expect us to keep up with all this? I know we're trying, but this is just too much :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

unkel wrote: »
    How the hell can they expect us to keep up with all this? I know we're trying, but this is just too much :D

Its ok, nobody bought them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I'd much rather a Cinquecento, hard to come by now unfortunately :(

Parts car for dgt?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4608009
    dgt wrote: »
    Yes, a rare sight on the roads....

As for that car, if its still there today, I'll make sure it isn't ;)

See this car people? I decided today to have a gander at it as it's my day off. After some sketchy vague directions and an agreement to meet the next day, I rang in the morning again and made it to Galway city.

I decided I'd ring the owner there. Hung up on me. Maybe his battery has ran out, tis after 3, I'll wait a while.

Tried after 6. Phone rang twice, hung up. Tried again after a few minutes, hung up again.

To say I'm pissed off is an understatement, I've wasted my f*cking day on a wild goose chase. 260 miles clapped up, 11 hours of my day I can never get back. Thanks a lot :mad:

The location of the car has also changed since :rolleyes:

So here's a word of warning people: beware!

This has been a lesson for me today, try not let it happen to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

See this bit in the ad?
    Call 406 on 0873166554
    Any cnut who won't put even his/her first name on the ad is just that - a cnut who does not deserve one minute of your time!

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

See this car people? I decided today to have a gander at it as it's my day off. After some sketchy vague directions and an agreement to meet the next day, I rang in the morning again and made it to Galway city.

I decided I'd ring the owner there. Hung up on me. Maybe his battery has ran out, tis after 3, I'll wait a while.

Tried after 6. Phone rang twice, hung up. Tried again after a few minutes, hung up again.

To say I'm pissed off is an understatement, I've wasted my f*cking day on a wild goose chase. 260 miles clapped up, 11 hours of my day I can never get back. Thanks a lot :mad:

What an absolute cnut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

from my experience with one of these yokes you'd need to pay me to take it.. diesel injectors, and injector pump bill was 2 grand.. Not saying this one has the same problems of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4547851

Beautiful 406 coupe, lovely colour, new nct seems in good nick, price a little high and seems not to have leather but would be a great steal for a grand....then again I'm biased as I just bought one for 700 (without nct, but has since passed) and am still in honeymoon period, wish mine was this colour!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

jharr100 wrote: »

This is the best value GS 300 of that vintage on Donedeal at present.
    Considering I sold a 98 with similar spec and mileage last April for a grand, this could be a bargain if you're in the market for trouble-free luxobargenomics.

And the paintwork on mine was nowhere near as good.

Are these 406's any good or do they suffer the usual French issues?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4601281

View2-17687308.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

May the fleas of a thousand itchy goats infest his armpits.:mad:

jharr100 wrote: »
    Are these 406's any good or do they suffer the usual French issues?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4601281

View2-17687308.jpeg

I can't see what engine it has (on a mobile :()

Seeing as its a D9, my main concern electrically is the BSI plugs which get damp and cause all sorts of electric gremlins.

Airbag light is usually a dodgy connector

Try to get one with a bosch ecu, some had siemens try to avoid them

Apart from that they are fairy comfy, economical and munch miles no problems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Its a hdi stdt 2
    Does that mean its 110hp? Probably not.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Its a hdi stdt 2
    Does that mean its 110hp? Probably not.

ST is a trim level, the 2 I think is an error, open to corrections :)

Without seeing the vin or start of engine code I can't tell! Most likely a 90...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

I Was VB wrote: »
    Seen a dealer selling 4 mers s clas from 300 to 320 all in great nick and asking price was 10k:cool: made me laugh and sad at a same time,such luxobarges going for pennys,if road tax gonna be going up soon there wont be any left driving em,and ones who have it gonna let it root,then selling them for a years tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

On the other note can someone advice on a cheap car prefer it to be up to 1500e,has to have plenty of nct and road tax,looking at engines between 1.6 and 1.8 would prefer jap car.
    so far was looking at couple honda accords 1999-2000y
    can someone point out what to look when buying one of these like engine are they reliable and gearbox,also looked at couple golfs mark 4 1.6l,but had bad experience in the past with 1.4 drinking oil litre a week and i didn't even had 100k on the clock and many other problems like locks breaking down and so on.I know theres tons of cars but need something that once bought can be at least forgotten until next nct,and with a little bit more comfort and extras,as tired of base models.although beggars cant be choosers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Assuming it passes the nct in 9 days time..
    Nicely spec'd car with a bit of tax for less than €500 notes.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4586655

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭markkelly2

Seeing as its a D9, my main concern electrically is the BSI plugs which get damp and cause all sorts of electric gremlins.

Airbag light is usually a dodgy connector

Dgt
    Bought the 206 van i linked the other night.
    Grand little van.
    Only problem is the Airbag light coming on and off.
    What connectors should I look at.

Thanks in advance.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4624205.
    3 months tax and test.
    Needs T-Cut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

On the super luxury Merc theme

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/4621438

Full?id=17790275

Would I be right in thinking that this is a 3 liter so not in the highest tax band?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

Better off getting an 83 or younger SE merc with the cheaper 56 euro tax there's a few on donedeal vintage section

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    On the super luxury Merc theme

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/4621438

Would I be right in thinking that this is a 3 liter so not in the highest tax band?
    No, it is in the second highest band. Still exceptionally high though.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Ded_Zebra wrote: »

Correct. Anything 3,000cc and over is the highest tax band. Most 3 liters are just under 3,000cc, so not the highest tax band.

• Advertisement

2002 Galant in Galway with 6 months NCT....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4604837

View2-17704782.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement