Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭mondymike

akura wrote: »
    Low miles, a years nct and taxed until august
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4664543

View2-18008546.jpeg

Great honest cars. Had an estate version before, a great little workhorse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Jaybus. Buy it, drive it to the NCT centre, keep it for 10 years.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4628680

View2-17864129.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Just pass the NCT until 10/13, Tax to 4/13 Nice spec €950.

Full-17988307.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4660391

I don't think e34s will ever be as cheap again as they are now.

Great, great, great, great cars :)
    Looks a nice one.

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    Great, great, great, great cars :)
    Looks a nice one.

The only problem is that I just tried to get an insurance quote and got the dreaded "Please call us to get a quote" :rolleyes:

Maybe in a few years.

Quite likely the age of the car, phone around :)

RoverJames wrote: »
    Quite likely the age of the car, phone around :)

It might be alright I forgot that they sometimes don't give quotes for older cars. I am unfortunately 20 with no no claims bonus though... I would still expect to get a high quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Classic insurance next year DZ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

166man wrote: »
    Classic insurance next year DZ?

Some classic policies will count a 15 year old as a classic. Most will have mileage limitations though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭jamesdiver

http://cars.donedeal.co.uk/for-sale/vintagecars/4516027
    blastman wrote: »
    Another one owned by a member of the Irish forum, so it will have been looked after and it will be a classic long before the Hyundai Coupe ever will be! :D

Thats my crx. how random that i came across it mentioned here. Blastman, are you on cr-x.org? I also noticed you put up photos here on boards 7 years ago at the phoenix park meet. I was'nt at that one myself that year but I think i was on cr-x number 2 at that stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,410 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Some classic policies will count a 15 year old as a classic.

Rarely on mainstream cars though. That E34 is gonna be 20 years old next year though - classic insurance for sure :)

Mine was a '94 too. V8 petrol automatic bought originally by the Finnish ambassador to Ireland. Great car so it was!

Could I get a classic policy at 20-21? I thought you had to be over 25. Also would I have to have a different policy for a daily to be able to get classic insurance on it?

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    The only problem is that I just tried to get an insurance quote and got the dreaded "Please call us to get a quote" :rolleyes:

Maybe in a few years.

Make a few calls dude. I'm barely 24 with 5 years NCB and 5 years full licence and get this "Please call us to get a quote" message any time I look for a quote for a proper bangernomics wagon (Alfa 156 2.0 to be exact, I really have to own one at some point :D ). I had a 1.9 daysul passat a while back when I was 21/22 and I was quoted €800 online. A quick phone call nearly halved that. €460 for the year. Don't rely on the on-line quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Could I get a classic policy at 20-21? I thought you had to be over 25. Also would I have to have a different policy for a daily to be able to get classic insurance on it?

Axa told me before they'd do a standard policy on a classic. It's not something they advertise and I think it'd depend on the car. The one I was discussing was an early 70s 1600cc beetle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Volvo S80
    Petrol 2.0
    140,000 Miles
    all history in service book
    NEW NCT(just pass 2 month ago)
    TAX till to march
    €980

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4654730

Full-17958683.jpeg
    Full-17958685.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭bladespin

Volvo S80

Linky? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

bladespin wrote: »
    Linky? :confused:

Added it there at 19:48 just above the first pic.

5 months test Celica 1.8, 1996 asking €900, doubt it has cruise control but might be wrong, would be ok if the seller was happy with €600 imo...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4669157

View2-18031068.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

If the electric power steering isnt dead and the gearbox isn't noisy this could be a good buy. http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4669996 Full?id=18034486

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Shiner11

• Registered Users Posts: 16 g7sxb

Gentlemen,

In my search for my ultimate bangernomics commuter I'm now looking at the Citroen C5 diesel to carry me on my 160 mile a day round trip. Has anyone got any advice on possible problem areas to look for when viewing and test driving this type of motor?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

g7sxb wrote: »
    Gentlemen,

In my search for my ultimate bangernomics commuter I'm now looking at the Citroen C5 diesel to carry me on my 160 mile a day round trip. Has anyone got any advice on possible problem areas to look for when viewing and test driving this type of motor?

Are you dead set on a C5? I think people here might be able to suggest better. My mothers owns a C3 myself and have had quite a few issues regarding brakes, and many many many bushes, a 'bump stop' and a track rod in the past year.

I actually span the car in the rain last August because of the brake failure. If the C5 is anyway the same, steer clear.

Why not a 406 Diesel (see what I did there 166man?), Passat TDI/Octavia TDI or something like that?

Are you dead set on a C5? I think people here might be able to suggest better. My mothers owns a C3 myself and have had quite a few issues regarding brakes, and many many many bushes, a 'bump stop' and a track rod in the past year.

I actually span the car in the rain last August because of the brake failure. If the C5 is anyway the same, steer clear.

Why not a 406 TDI, Passat TDI/Octavia TDI or something like that?

dgt just died a little inside at the thought of Peugeot 406 and ''TDI'' being put together as one..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

166man wrote: »
    dgt just died a little inside at the thought of Peugeot 406 and ''TDI'' being put together as one..

Ooops better fix that:pac:

Ooops better fix that:pac:

Oh so very nearly a ninja edit...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

g7sxb wrote: »
    Gentlemen,

First thing that would concern me is that it's a Citroen...

Second thing is the rear suspension on those is prone to failing. It's some sort of bizarre setup only Citroen use where you can raise and lower the height of the car. It may or may not get stuck in either the lowered or elevated positions, which isn't good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement